3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jim Buffalo or Bama Royal Expedition?  (Read 336 times)

Offline Dodger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jim Buffalo or Bama Royal Expedition?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Look forward to your review and pics when you get it.

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
I have owned both and still own the Bama.  Buffalo was a great bow, but it was a traded bow and the grip was too large for me.

One thing I will say is that Nates limb design is not quite like any other I've seen in my limited exposure to trad.  His limbs have deflex, reflex, and slight deflex again at the tips.  They almost seem to have let off when reaching anchor.  I've shot a few now and this one is still my goto.

Give Nate or Jim a call and discuss their designs, wait times and grip options.  Both are awesome bowyers, but this is such a personal thing you need to do your own homework unfortunately.

Keith
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chromebuck:
Give Nate or Jim a call and discuss their designs, wait times and grip options.  Both are awesome bowyers, but this is such a personal thing you need to do your own homework unfortunately.
Kieth,

Thanks for your input.  I've been waiting for the right time and right bow to show up on the classifieds.  I'd really like to buy a used Buffalo and Expedition in about the same poundage to shoot side by side.

From there, I'd have a better idea of how they handle and could place an order for a new bow in exactly the woods I like with a bit more confidence.

I think Big Jim's bows are a bit prettier but really like the aesthetics of both.  I have a strong preference for a R/D design so that is covered by both.  And from pictures alone, both look like they have a grip similar to the bows that I have shot that fit my hand and style of shooting well.  Grip fit will be a bit of a gamble on any bow that you can't physically shoot though.  I also like the 2-piece concept and want a leather grip, which both offer.

Garrett
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©