3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The bow I would like back..."Bow RECOVERY THREAD" (post yours too)  (Read 1032 times)

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The bow I would like back..."Bow RECOVERY THREAD" (post yours too)
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »
My Hoyt Buffalo would be the one I regret selling. Actually I did regret it for a month or so and got in touch with the buyer and told him if there was any interest in selling it I would love to have it back, It is on the rack with the others now! I know I could have just bought a new one since its just a newer production bow but I had that one for a year or so and it just shot great and gave me all the confidence in the world to shoot. Besides I didn't wanna be the guy starting a thread just like this regretting selling it so I quickly got it back. Just finished up shooting it a little bit getting ready for next Saturdays opener!!

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
I donated a Viper Delux to the troops in Iraq.  45 #'s, I shot it so good.  Now that the war is  winding down it will come home?  One can hope...

-Jeremy   :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline Downtime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
Back in the early 70's I started my archery shooting with a fiberglass Ben Person.  I also harvested my first deer with that bow.  Wish I never gave it away.

Offline Lee Robinson .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »
Goshawkin,

Back then...in 98, Gary's "bread and butter" bow was the one bow that he was referring to when he said he made that one bow and one bow only...but prior then he made the competitor and also the mountain bow. Both came and went...depending upon request...but Gary had a strong desire to produce the one "ultimate bow." The reasons the others models kept coming and going was because the truth of it is...the "ultimate bow" depends upon one's selected task. Different people have different desires. For Gary's desires, his personal ultimate bow at that time was his Competition/Competitor series...so it lead the pack. These bows were almost identical and honestly, I don't recall there being any difference in the two. I will therefore consider them to be 1 design unless someone can clarify otherwise. Do you happen to recall any information on that? Despite that, in years to come his recon became one of his more popular models...but me personally, I wasn't a big fan of that model. Considering all the bows he ever made...I would say my 3 favorites were his competitor/competition series Sentman Longbow, his mountain bow series, and his moosejaw elite series. The Protege model we produce was modeled off his moosejaw elite series, but I would like to play with the Competitor/Competition series again for the true straight up longbow.

Even though he made many other models...including "Hill types" at various times...and some of the other series mentioned...they would come and go...and I wasn't a big fan of many of those other models. Although they were accurate, they weren't my personal cup of tea so to speak.
Until next time...good shooting,
Lee

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
Yep,I'm aware Gary made other bows prior to the model I have. I posted the letter to show the different variations of that model. The first sentence of his brochure(dated nov.'98) reads,"12 years ago I set out to design the very best traditional bow" I put the brochure and letter in my gunsafe when I got them and still have them today. That '98 competition bow is one of the best longbows I've shot. If I wasn't so into "Hill" style bows right now,I'd probably buy one of Gary's Icons. He told me that they are better than the comp bows and guys who have shot them both told him the same.He was a very good guy to deal with when I bought the bow and it was everything he said it would be.Here's a pic of the brochure for you.

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
I sold a beautiful Robertson Longbow Pierce points in a Osage handle Juniper limbs with sheep horn tips. 60" 50#@27". I sold it on stickbow to a guy going bear hunting about 7 years ago has my name on it Steve Carpenter. I hope he reads this  :)
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline ericmerg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
so glad i dont have anything to post here yet
any animal you see posted that i say i personally harvested was eaten

" if you have to question if your bow will work you dont have enough bow"

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
Sorry, none, I still have them.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
Sometime arround 2000 .  The ugliest Morrison I ever saw..   It was made of a funky orange  paka wood.  Her  ame was Bow Derrick. It was My 3rd trad bow, 2nd Morrison and the one that made me stick with trad.   the grip was perfect  Boo under clear glass, no foam, no carbon, just 56" and 55lbs of "Yeah Baby" Lost it in Toledo Bend Lake while bow fishing.  Bounced out on the ride in and never noticed it was gone unti at the landing. I've owned About 15 fine Morrison Creations since then, and still have one , but they aren't her.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
Sometime arround 2000 .  The ugliest Morrison I ever saw..   It was made of a funky orange  paka wood.  Her  ame was Bow Derrick. It was My 3rd trad bow, 2nd Morrison and the one that made me stick with trad.   the grip was perfect  Boo under clear glass, no foam, no carbon, just 56" and 55lbs of "Yeah Baby" Lost it in Toledo Bend Lake while bow fishing.  Bounced out on the ride in and never noticed it was gone unti at the landing. I've owned About 15 fine Morrison Creations since then, and still have one , but they aren't her.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline CavScoutArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
56" #53 Browning Explorer I,  Solid riser with green glass. Was one of my first recurves and my first Browning.....  sold her on the bay couple of years ago.  Never should of done that. I really didn't know what I had until she was gone.
United States Army 2007-Current

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
A few years ago I sold a right handed  60", 60# Groves one piece....stupid, stupid, stupid! I shot that bow great and it was very smooth, fast, quiet and well...you know...fit me like a glove. Would love to have it back.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
none actually, I have enjoyed all the bows I have owned but once I started shooting & building selfbows I found I liked them better & actually shot more consistently.  Mike
Big Mike

Offline Glenn29

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Whittington Photography
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
I had sold my Quinn Longhorn Classic T/D Recurve to a fella in Alabama about 3 years ago. Really hated selling it...

Then 2 years ago I was on the big auction site and came across a Longhorn that looked a lot like my old one. I ended up buying it from the guy who lived in New York.

When it arrived I could not believe my eyes  that it was my old bow I had sold a year before. It had a mark I had put on it and some writing on one of the limbs.

Killed two deer with it that year I got it back and plan on killing more this year with it. I also plan on being buried with it.... :)
Can't see the forest for all the trees..

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
LH Black Widow MAIII that I sold to a genetleman in southern Iowa.

doug77

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
Jim Brakenbury "Old Thimer" only bow I truly wish I had never sold. Actually traded for some blackpowder equipment. If you know where it is at Jeff let me know. Lol
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
Jim Brakenbury "Old Thimer" only bow I truly wish I had never sold. Actually traded for some blackpowder equipment. If you know where it is at Jeff let me know. Lol
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
Like to have my MAB all black, Black Widow take-down recurve back. I had two sets of limbs for it. One set made it a 56"or 58" and the other set made it a 62" I believe. I can't even remember the draw weight but I do know that it was more poundage than I needed. I traded a S&W model 66, .357 Magnum for it and one set of limbs with Jerry Napier at one of the UBK banquets back in the mid '90s. I then later traded a Ruger 10/22 rifle for the extra set of limbs with the same guy but this time I drove 80 miles to his house to make the trade. I shot that bow very well and was able to harvest my first two trad whitetails with it in the late '90s, a doe, and then one week later, a buck. I also killed my first carp with it as well and won a few 3D shoots with that bow too. Two years later, I sold all of it online.   :rolleyes:    :knothead:

58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
56" Meland Pronghorn, 50#@28". I sold that bow to BarbJD, who has since passed away. My name was on it, Gene Mullane. If you know where it is, please let me know.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »
Sold this baby three times, cant even figure out why. Its back home and here to stay.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©