3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow diameter in relation to spine/tune  (Read 245 times)

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow diameter in relation to spine/tune
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
OK here goes,  I understand that center shot plays a very important role in tuning and a fat arrow such as a 2315 will aline different than a skinny arrow like a axis.  That being said how much difference will arrow diameter make in tuning?
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow diameter in relation to spine/tune
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
I just don't get into the tech issues that much.  A fatter arrow will effect tuning but you just tune like any other arrow adjusting as needed.
I don't think you can put a formula on it or if it was possible I would not want to.
If you are looking to purchase arrows and need help deciding then posting the type bow and specs would get someone on here that knows the set up helping with choices.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
If you're shooting a traditional style release (fingers) then arrow spine is even more important. If you swap to a skinnier arrow... read that as "much skinnier"... then you may have to build out your strike plate. Best bet is to do as Ron said... tune your arrow as needed... and your bow also.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hobow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
If I shoot identically spined and weighted arrows, one a 23/64" wood and one a 9/32" carbon, the carbon will act weak due to it's reduced diameter (bow is tuned for 23/64").  I can't switch between the two without going lighter point weight on the carbon or building out the side plate as mentioned.  I think that is at least part of the reason that so many people shoot a stiff 75/95 carbon, the reduced diameter requires a stiffer spine than normal wooden arrows of standard 11/32 diameter.

Just my 2 cents based off of my experiments.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©