3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help! I chipped my bow!!  (Read 318 times)

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
Help! I chipped my bow!!
« on: September 04, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
So I just got back from pennington creek hunt club on my first hog hunt. Had a blast saw lots of hogs but didn't quite get one. It was my own fault though, as fast as they showed up they were gone. I had a nice 30 yard shot that I should've taken but held off because I was convinced they were gonna come closer. I thought wrong. Anyways on my way to a stand one afternoon I chipped the tip overlay on my bow when our atv hit a hidden sink hole and the bow and my head slammed into the roof. It's not terrible but it is about an centimeter wide maybe less and it did chip into the wood through the clear coat finish  :(  I guess my question is what can I do to remedy it? Deer season is less than a month away so I'll need it. I doubt it's damaging the integrity of the bow but I'd hate to leave it like this. What should I do gang?
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline pauljr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help! I chipped my bow!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
I dont think you should worry. Just put adrop of superglue on it and dont blow on it. If you blow on it it will dry milky.
PBS Associate Member

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I wont tolerate it" Woodrow F Call

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Put some super glue on it and go hunting.  You could post a pic for a better assessment, but it doesn't sound like it is going to pose a problem at all.  You can always spend a little more time touching it up or refinishing it in the off season.  Sorry for your misfortune and have a great fall.

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
I will post pics shortly. Chuck, I got your pm and will post pics for you since you made the bow. Thanks guys
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
Here's a couple pics guys. Sorry they're crappy cell phone pics but thats all I have. Also its not very deep. The light part is the chip and its really is just on the surface of the wood

Offline normf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
I put a chip on a bow and the bowyer said to use clear nail polish. It's been a few years and I touched it up once. It is still good.
NFetscher

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Thats not gonna hurt anything ... I'd sand it smooth and seal it with superglue a few coats. Then buff it with steel wool

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
Looks fine. Smooth it with some fine sand paper and seal it with tru oil or poly or super glue. Be careful with the glue though,thats stuff can go all over everything.
Good luck with the elk and deer.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
Touch up with Mini-Wax Polyurethane, comes in a small can, and use a small cresting brush that will work in a small area.  I have one on an upper tip overlay to do myself.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©