3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good deal or not?  (Read 122 times)

Offline krink

• Trad Bowhunter
Good deal or not?
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
I have the opportunity to buy 2 dozen wood arrows off craigslist and I am unsure if it is a good deal or not.  The guy is not into archery and does not know much about shooting from what I can tell.  All I know is the arrows are 29 inches longs and the pic in the ad says Philips Archery Company.  I offered him $60 but said I would have to see the arrows first.  Im not sure if I can post the ad so I wont for now.  I may go look at them and I am new to wood arrows so what should I look for?  I imagine the spine is not labeled and I don't have a tester, is there another way I can tell?  1 doz has field points and the other has what looks like 2 blade BHs.  They have feathers, nocks, tips, and cresting already installed.  Included are two leather arm guards and a quiver.

If I can post the ad I will, but I will not until a Mod says so.
The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next five hundred years.
---James Forrestal

Sticks and stones will break some bones and feed my family this winter.

Re: Good deal or not?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
It could be a good deal but the chances of those arrows being right for your set-up are pretty slim. You are taking a shot in the dark if you do not know the spine.

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©