3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Goals for the season?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Goals for the season?
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
To have opportunitys and capitalize on them.Take my soon to be 5yr old little girl and enjoy every second to it's fullist  :thumbsup:
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Well if things go my way Ill be shooting a new stick this year (less wheels and such) but other than that I will stay the course I have set for years.  I will either take a mature buck or no buck at all, does fill the freezer as well anyhow.  We have a pretty liberal season here and Im not the only member of my family to hunt so Im never pressured to take an animal just for meat either.
If I have to make a goal then here it is ... Ill spend lots of time in the woods, its good for my soul.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
No goals here Dave. If I don't have to work on a Saturday being in the woods on a Saturday morning and having the woods wake up around me is good enough for me.If I see game well that's a big plus. If I get a shot off a double plus if I wack one WOOOFAAA!!!

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »
My goal:

Is to make a camoflouge blind out of a Pink Play Tent that got destroyed by my 2 1/2 year old. I'm gonna camo it up, and set it up at my buddies farm..

I want to take my little girl with me, and what I would consider a huge success, if we could sit quietly for 30 minutes, and see some wildlife.. A true bonus, would be deer within 50 yards..

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
Hunting for me is as much about camaraderie as it is about putting an animal on the ground.  Both are important but neither is essential to the satifaction of the hunt.   Hunting is what brings harmony to my being...

This year I have a new destination in mind, Salmon, ID where Trad Gangster Brian Krebs has volutereerd to show me where the Western slope of the Continental Divide seperates Montana and Idaho.  This invite will allow me to continue with an annual commitment I made to myself years ago to show at least one person a year what wilderness elk hunting is all about.  I'll be taking Chuck Rosario, aka Mr Chuck of the Trad Gang on his first elk hunt, although he is both an experienced and successful archer and bowhunter.  We'll put in two solid weeks hunting those critical last two weeks of September where we'll try to time the elk Buggling, music to my ears and soul.

This year I'm additionally blessed with a one week whitetail hunt in N.Y. State with an old friend.  Normally he meets me out west for our annual humbling event by the elk but due to family commitments needed to stay to keep the home fires burning...something about a teenaged young man needing a bit extra supervision this year.  So I dig a bit deeper into the travel fund and go to him this year, fully worth the investment to maintian that relationship..  And who knows, perhaps I'll find a suicidal whitetail willing to walk in front of my broadhead....  :archer:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »
This season is a bit different than those past.
I need to get alot of Does killed, I have far too many. That being said I need to kill at least five does, and I want a Missouri "book" buck. I am not a trophy hunter; but I seem to let the smaller bucks walk at least for the years Missouri has had the point requirements. My other goal is to kill an Arkansas black bear and then take a huge whitetail in Kansas. I let a 160"+ buck walk by at 7 steps last year in Kansas.... Not this year if I am given the opportunity.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline PrairieHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
I'm just hoping that I actually get to hunt! I just started the Physician Assistant program down here in Wichita-gonna learn how to "lay hands" on sick people. Bet my recurve is praying for the same treatment! I'll sneak out one way or another!

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
Going Elk hunting with my 20 year old Son. Had both knees replced last Dec. had'nt felt like I could do it for the last 5 years. And to hopefully take a mature whitetail from the ground this season at home.( Buck or Doe ) Does'nt matter.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
I have several goals I'd like to accomplish this season.
1. Having my son Andrew pass his archery hunting safety class and have him hunt with me. He's taking the shooting portion with a long bow.  
2. I've met and made a couple new friends this spring so I'd like to get a chance to hunt with them a few times.
3. I'd like to hunt with a few of my old friends this year too.
4. I'd like to see my son get a chance to take a shot on a deer and bring the meat and memories home with us.
5. I'd like to take my first deer with traditional gear. I think this will be year number 4 but who's counting. I'm having a ball!
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
my goal this year is to arrive safe in the usa. and to get my very first whitetail deer with a knapped head. and have a go at some tree rats and do a bit of fishing etc etc as i am only a meat hunter i am not after real big deer i only take what i can eat. if icant eat it i wont take it. and the most important thing is to be safe in your bush as i would think it would be differnt to ours. and to meet as  many virgiain people as poss and if some other out of towners come by that would be cool as well meaning trad gang family.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
Stayin home this year   :(  (not a goal)  Hope to get to hunt with a couple of my boys and bros and friends.

Other goals-a couple of those longnecked does and theres always that 180" buck I'm waitin patiently on!   ;)  

And I wouldn't shoot one on the last day I passed on the first unless it felt right when he came along........
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
Spend as much of the season in the woods as i can. I want to take a deer with my Howard Hill Redman. I'll stick with that bow this season.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 07:55:00 PM »
To try and put myself in situations to have more opportunities. All the while enjoying every minute of it! We wait all year and prepare for this time...I want to make the most of it.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline VinnieB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
my goals are to kill a deer with my new longbow. i'm holding out for a big one on private land and at least a forkhorn on public.
Martin rebel recurve 45#@25"
Fred Bear Montana Longbow 50#@26"

"Hunting is the last perfect thing"
-Ted Nugent

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
I gotta be the luckiest guy in the world. This past April I realized a life long dream and was able to purchase 160 acres of timber in S central MO. Not a big buck place but it is pretty wild and has deer and turkey and squirrels. I hunted it late season last year a little but never got a feel for the place (well a little maybe) I will have five ladder stands up and two portables by season.

The wife just loves the place and she works so hard that it is a great place for her to relax, so I gotta get her down there a bunch. My old high school buddy has an adjoining 90 with an older house on the place.

Would be thankful for an opportunity at some deer and wish for swift, clean kills, but just getting out is fine.

Come spring I would like to put a little 12X14 hunting shack on it with a little tent size stove. The son in law is real handy (I ain't)and great help. I have conned him into helping me build it. He is not much of a hunter but grew up in the sticks so I think I can slowly work on him. A few years down the road maybe a 3 or 4 acre lake on the place. Did I say I was the luckiest guy on earth?  :)  

Hope to invite some fellow Tradgangers down the road to hunt. Anybody up for that?  :)

Hope it don't sound like braggin...just a dream
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline Larry247

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »
John, I think thats great!!! I've got my dad's farm here in wv 120+or- a few and a little pond full of bass, catfish, and bluegils. And yes-have bow will travel. Maybe you can come out here sometime. any tradgangers. welcome..   :thumbsup:
A trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Try to fill a Moose tag- waited 5 years for that, chase some sheep and elk, hit some geese flying by, watch my nephew shoot a doe, try to hunt at least 20 days each in Sept, Oct, Nov, maybe have a couple of deer to eat, and hunt a few days in Dec chasing cats. My daughters can maybe rattle a deer in for Dad, they get a kick out of that, they won't shoot a deer but have no problems eating them.

Terry

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
I just hope to have fun, stay safe, spent time with some old friends and let maybe fill a few deer tags here and there.

Offline Artur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »
My goal is to just enjoy sending arrows to the target, whether I hunt or not. That, and improve my accuracy.
Artur - Archer/Fletcher; To Live Is To Learn, To Learn Is to Live

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
My girlfriend has inspired me to keep a journal in the deer/squirrel woods this year. I've told her of all the things you see/experience while hunting and she said it would make a great read.
Got wood? - Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©