3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 20 days and counting for Alaska bear  (Read 263 times)

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
20 days and counting for Alaska bear
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
Im leaving for Alaska on 8/28 for my first ever Black bear hunt. If I get lucky this will be my first trad kill. I ve been working out like a dog and practicing everyday. I think I have all my equiptment ready. Im using a Bob lee recurve 66# at 30 and pulling 29" so im right at 63#. Beman ics 400s cut 29 3/4 using 125 g Zwicky with 125 g inserts. Total arrow weight around 560. Fletched with 4x4" feathers. They shoot very well. I bare shafted first to get this weight and lenght. For rain gear I have Red Head storm x or something like that. Im not totaly happy with that but its what I could afford for now. Comfortable waterproof boots 2pairs, rubber boots, chest waders. Some wool pants and shirts. Scent loc suit,(I know I ve read all the stuff about how it really dosent work but its good durable stuff). Thermacell. A couple of sharp knives.What do think? Do I need anything else? We will be sleeping on a boat and food and water will be furnished. This is spot and stalk hunt. I belive its unit 6. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 20 days and counting for Alaska bear
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Personaly,I would add some weight to those arrows, Practice!Practice!practice! Good luck and let us know how the hunt is.I'd like to do a spot&stock on bear.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
I am going for my first bear in Quebec and also first caribou. Good luck and post some pics.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
All the best,, Frank
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©