3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heritage shooters???  (Read 246 times)

Offline Bullfrog 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Heritage shooters???
« on: September 07, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
How do you guys feel about the durability of these shafts?  I shoot mfx but get a little tired of the whole hitt insert thing. I tried them a couple years ago but the nooks were really loose and I gave up on trying them??  Thanks. Bill

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heritage shooters???
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
I shoot the 250's and I really like them.  I shoot a 100 grain brass insert with 20 grain piece of alluminum shaft over the end and at my local 3d shoot I missed the target and hit the small rock bluff behind it and all it done was bend the tip and the insert.  The shaft was fine.  That alluminum is a life saver.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »
EXELLENT!!!!  I shoot both 150's  And 250's in my heavier bows and these things hold up to some serious abuse...   check this out...

This is a Heritage 150 with 200 up front. weighing 550 grains shooting 198 FPS

I've shot stumps, branches, and rocks with no damage at all. But this is the first time i ever shot a drill.   :rolleyes:   btw.... the drill is definately shot....

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:20:00 AM »
I shoot 150s and 250s.I find them to be very durable.I think thier the only arrows I will ever need.Totally satisfied.

Offline ericmerg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »
by far the most durable shafts ive ever used if i can find a way to boost weight im going back to the 350's
any animal you see posted that i say i personally harvested was eaten

" if you have to question if your bow will work you dont have enough bow"

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:19:00 AM »
Ive shot CE for years and never had any problems.

This year I changed. Tried Beeman MFX and Traditional Only, but, got frustrated with light weight and HIT internal components.

Switched to Arrow Dynamics and solved those problems. Also, I only want to buy items made in USA.
Let it fly ->>------>

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »
Well done Kirk,that's a trophy of a lifetime.LOL.
I think the Eritage are the best overall shafts on the market,consistent in spine,good weight and very tough.I use 3 spine:150-250-350.All excellent but the heavier are hard hitting and carry 250-300 grains points with authority.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:00 AM »
I love my Heritage shafts, I use 150, 250, and 350's depending on which bows or use. I have weights from 450gr. to 730gr. point weight from 100gr. to 350gr. My main setup is a Heritage 250 at 565gr. with 200gr. up front and wouldn't hesitate to use it for anything short of the heaviest of game. Works well for my bows 55#-61#. That being said, this year will be the first year I will try hunting with woodie's at 560gr. just to experience the feeling of hunting with wood arrows. I like the fact that they weigh the same as my go to carbons which I can use for practice and save the beautiful wood arrows for the hunting.
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
I started with the Heritage 150's and have moved up to 250's for extra weight.  The ground around my place is all hard pan and rocks and I have never had a shaft crack , splitter or chip.  I have even "Robinhooded" a few and they do not split very far.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Perfect blend of strength and weight for me.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
I shoot the 150's and they are holding up well.

Offline ripforce56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
I had a dozen 150s, that I bought at least 3years ago, I switched to shooting woods and I sold all but 4 of them which I shoot at 3Ds etc on occasion! I have shot those arrows into almost every kind of obstacle there is, rocks, trees, had them glance off trees sideways I have never had one break IMO one of the toughest shafts out there!
BirchBark Rovers Custom Quivers 
Bama Royal Expedition T/D  #00027
Root Target Master 66in 40@28
SF Forged Plus/Carbon Elite 40lb Limbs 68in ILF
Schramm Recurve 62in 46@28

Schramm 62in Recurve 46@28

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by stickandstring:
Ive shot CE for years and never had any problems.

This year I changed. Tried Beeman MFX and Traditional Only, but, got frustrated with light weight and HIT internal components.

Switched to Arrow Dynamics and solved those problems. Also, I only want to buy items made in USA.
Are the Arrow dynamics a tapered shaft?

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Love em!  :goldtooth:  

"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
I've been shooting the 250's for a few years now, and I've damaged almost a dozen with Robin Hoods! Other than that, they're great!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Longrifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
I've sshot 250's and 350's and find them almost indestructible, and the finish lasts a long time. It fades after being buried for over a year, but still looks good !   ;)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »
I've shot the same 3 dozen since 2006.  Only ones I've lost were due to Robin Hood's and shaft strikes from another arrow.  I did cull one last weekend because it had a discolored area that showed up down near the insert.  There was no evidence that the shaft was compromised, but felt better playing it safe.
Mine have been easy to tune.  Really no complaints.
With that said, I recently got a half dozen each of the AD Trads and Trad Lites.  As of right now, they will be the only shafts I buy in the future unless I need something spined heavier than the Trads.  I can shoot the same setup out of all my 50#-55# bows (5 different ones) with the Lites and the Trads are shooting beautifully out of my 60# recurve.
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©