3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One of "Those guys"  (Read 610 times)

Offline capt eddie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One of "Those guys"
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 11:11:00 AM »
Along the same line.  I went into an archery shop in Bossier City, LA.  I needed some inserts for 2016 aluminum arrowes.  I took a shaft with me to confirm sizes before I left.  The owner ask if he could help me.  I showed him the shaft and ask for the inserts.  He said that he did not have any and had not had any.  He then called over a younger employee and showed him what an aluminum arrow looked liked and told him about aluminum arrows.  Did i ever feel like I one eyed monster. Or one of "Those guys"
capt eddie

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
People who seek the satisfaction that traditional archery offers will find they are "one of those guys" in MANY aspects of our lives.

Archery is just one part of what makes us "one of those guys".

:thumbsup:    :campfire:

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Yes, I am one of those guys and I can hit a running target with this thing. Get running...

You did the right thing, quietly left and didn't sink to his level. As above though, those "other" guys aren't all like that.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Some people don't get it at all.  I'm glad to be one of those too.....
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
Its all about technology today.
Rangefinding scopes,xbows and fart locking suits.
Kinda takes the fun out of it if you ask me.
Slickhead

Offline KodiakMag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Bow hunting to me is my skill and woodsman ship vs the critters, that's where it is exciting and why I choose trad gear. It makes you become a hunter.
55# Kodiak Mag

"Stay calm, Pick a spot."

Zwickey, the 1911 of Broadheads.
->>>-------->

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
I have tried to understand his thinking, why would you banter with a potential customer coming into your store. I think he was the owner, not a member of the staff.
I don't consider myself better than him because I have come back to traditional.
Heck, I don't agree with trapping, but I would never tell someone that they're wrong just because I don't like it.
I won't hunt Bear because they look too much like a dog to me, call me a freak if you want but I love dogs. But I wouldn't criticize someone else for hunting them, I would be happy for their success if they tagged one! It's just not for me.
Just because I don't use compound equipment any more doesn't mean I don't appreciate their love for the wheels, again, it just isn't for me anymore.
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
I'm one of those guys........most who question our sanity really have no idea of the dedication and commitment we have made to our endeavors.  It's their loss and it's a shame they fail to see that! But to each their own.........   :notworthy:    :notworthy:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
I seem to get more respect than when I started.  When asked why I shoot what do, I simply reply "Cause I can".
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
kbetts... Priceless!!
   :thumbsup:
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©