3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longbow bow fishing  (Read 229 times)

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
Longbow bow fishing
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
Hey guys,  I did a search and didn't find info regarding bow fishing set up so if these questions have been asked I apologize.

I have an extra bow, long bow, that I'd like to use for bow fishing, never tried it and have a few questions.  When bow fishing can you shoot off the shelf?  I know the arrow needs a slider and slider stopper so I'm not sure how this would work with a shelf. Is this possible or does a different arrow rest need to be installed to accomodate a bow fishing arrow?  or is there a different arrow that can be used for bow fishing to shoot off the shelf.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Offline mpugh12

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Longbow bow fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
I shoot my bow fishing arrows off the shelf with no problems. Just knock the arrow so the stopper points up to clear the shelf.

Offline stykbow67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Yep, What mpugh said you will also probably need a gadget adapter from 3rivers to mount your reel of choice to and your good to go.

Steve

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
They nailed it. You fasten the stop so the screw head points up. The slide goes ahead of the shelf. Off the shelf is the way to go. Less chance of the line wrapping around a rest.

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
Thanks guys!  I appreciate the help,  I see now how those sliders work,  I thought the stopper wrapped all the way around the arrow, but it actually just mounts on one point, so you just turn the nock like you said so the stopper is up.  Anyone use a regular fishing reel mounted to their bow?  Would that work it you set the drag to zero?

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
Yes, you can use a spinning reel, but you will have to change the line. I'm not sure what line they use though.

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Thanks Kook68!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©