3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cedar Post Rubs anyone? seems pretty neat  (Read 280 times)

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
Cedar Post Rubs anyone? seems pretty neat
« on: September 12, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
http://cedarpostbuckrubs.com/
I came across this website today while looking at how other people made mock scrapes/rubs on youtube. It seems pretty neat. I've been having fair luck with bucks in my area hitting a mock scrape i made, but I see ALOT more rubs on trees than i do scrapes on the ground for some reason. So, i was wondering if this might work better? Has anyon tried one? they're a bit pricey for my budget so i was thinking of putting a wood post just like it into the ground, making a mock rub on it and spraying it up with preorbital gland lure. what do you whitetail gurus think? this is my first attempt at whitetails in my area so your advice is appreciated.
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cedar Post Rubs anyone? seems pretty neat
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
Seeing more rubs this time of year is probably due to shedding of velvet on the antlers,IMHO moc scrapes dont get hit hard in my area until it gets closer to the rutting phase. remember one deer can make a few rubs in one area.

And if they are not a sponsor then you shouldnt post a link to an outside site.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »
Sorry I was unaware of that rule. I just thought it looked like a neat product I didn't mean any harm
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline Grizzbear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
Now that's just a stupid product to buy. IMO opinion. if someone has money to spend on that then Ill get ya a deer killed if you wanna waist the johny

Offline Jack Ripper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
Really? $99 for a fence post. I laughed so hard I fell off the couch.  :laughing:
Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

Offline Jack Ripper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
Really? $99 for a fence post. I laughed so hard I fell off the couch.  :laughing:
Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
$99.00 plus shipping for a post:) LMAO

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 12:48:00 AM »
I know I wouldn't buy it either but the idea seems neat. I was wondering if anyone has used it or simulated it with a post smothered in pre orbital glad lure. Seems like a guy could simulate it for a fraction of the cost and might work good in areas like mine where trees are more limited

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
I've never hunted a rub just because it was a rub. They do seem to be key when viewed with the presence of other sign as an indicator of buck movement/activity.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
We bought some full length cedar logs (a lot cheaper), cut and postholed em to get some rubs and scrapes going on a new growth field edge.  Our deer did not touch em and seemed scared - even the second year, but they do tear up the mock scrapes (pulling branches down by breaking or securing with parachute cord), clearing and breaking up ground below. And yes, they about kill the growing cedars, but not those stupid logs.  YMMV.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 01:16:00 PM »
I just read an article in one of the hunting mags about something similar.  Lee Lakosky (Sp?)
had a food plot with one single young tree left in the middle of it.  He noticed every buck  that visited that field would eventually walk over to it and rub it.  He got an idea from that experience and cut some young trees and placed them in front of stands in his food plots. Only one tree in the plot... and he claims he kills bucks off of them.  He leaves an overhanging branch on them too.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©