3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Missouri Season  (Read 1301 times)

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Missouri Season
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
Got a doe on the ground this morning. No pics though. Nice deer Mo Bowman and mqqse!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Thanks and congrats. I'm not sure if it's like this everywhere but it seems like already I've see more deer this year then before.

Offline kahunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
That's good to hear.  I haven't been able to hunt yet, but I'm hoping to get out at least a few days this year.

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
Neven,

GREAT JOB!  AWESOME BUCK.    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
Thanks guys, appreciate the high fives and handshakes.  

Second outing this year, same stand.  NW wind in the face along property line where two fence lines "T."  Saw a doe about 5:50 come out in the beans 100 yds out and feed for a few minutes then returned to the timber.  About 10 min before last light, a hear two doe bleats along tree line behind the trees.  Here comes one, two, now four, now six, finally 7.  As luck would have it, they head due north away from me except a little fellar.  Well, I'm not shooting the little ones (my nephew is good a that, he shot another button buck last weekend 10 min in his stand, dirty rat).  So the little guy keeps coming but now momma wants to keep tabs so she starts coming behind him.  Well, as true luck would have it, the whole herd follows and start feeding all within 20 yds.  Justifying the doe kill in my mind since they are in a big group, momma breaks to my right and stops 8 yds out but I don't have a clear shot due to an overhanging branch.  I've got my bow drawn and anchored and I slowly kneel to get clearance and stop to take a breath, relax, and release.  Lighted arrow quickly disappears and then reappears.   What the what the, did I miss?  Arrow seemed to flop on the ground.   Deer break up and momma heads into the beans, but doesn't go far and it gets really quiet.  The rest of the pack return from whence they came.  Grab phone and txt the Mrs that it looks good and I'll be home late.  Now time to lower bow, well, lost my carabiner and have to tie a knot to lower my bow.....there she goes, knot failed and my bow crashes below me.  Pick up arrow and it's covered in blood end to end.  Walk back to truck and get the gator and call nephew (who owes me for cleaning his deer and tolerating his charm), and we go out and she's not 30 yds in the beans.  

Well, if you are still with me, thanks for all the support and comradery over the years.  I decided early on that I am going to fill the freezer this year and try not to trophy hunt (as much, already changing my mind...)

Offline DavidTwyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Didn't have to work today and was able to get out. Seen a good group of turkeys first thing and then a couple of does latter on but they came in slightly down wind of me and could tell something wasn't right and back out of there.

Then on my way out I jumped to good bucks up. They ran out there about 60 yds and stoped. I droped straight down to the ground when I seen them and nock a arrow just in case. We had a starring contest for about three minutes then they turn and walked on ove the hill without flagging or blowing. I did locate a couple of trees to put a stand. Hopefully they will be back.

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
Thanks Chris and that buck just happened to wonder towards me, but anymore I know that ANY deer taken with traditional is a trophy. Good luck to all. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to hunt when my late Oct. vacation starts.

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »
Got good news at work today, so I decided to slip out on a short hunt to celebrate.  First I let two does pass by at 10 yards, next I let a 6 point pass at 10 yards, then I let another doe pass at 20-25 yards, here comes along another doe.  A person can only be tempted so many times.

Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
:archer:

PS: I also really like seeing the youngsters in the Hero shots too!
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline arsurveyor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
She's a good one.  WTG.

Offline dhaverstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Scott, if you need any help with those extra deer walking by, you got my number!

Darren

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
Passed on a small forkhorn this morning. Don' want to use my buck tag before my week-long vaction the first full week of November.

Then about 20 minutes later I had a doe about 70 yards in front of my stand in a small saddle between the ridges. Watched her feed for almost a half-hour before she bedded down right there. First time I have seen this in almost a decade of hunting, though I hear it happens a lot... just not to me.

So....

I let her lie for about 30 minutes before deciding it was about time to head home anyway.

Somehow I managed to CLIMB all the way down the tree with my climber stand without spooking her at all.

Then I managed to put my backpack on, put a bike lock on my tree stand, and grab my bow without spooking her.

Then I managed to close the gap from 70 yards to 40 yards.

I could see her lying down 40 yards in front of me. I closed the gap to 35 yards....

Sure enough I step just a little too quickly and she starts staring my direction.

I have a staring contest with her for two minutes and she finally jumps up and takes off..

Was a rush for sure.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
The bucks up here are gettin antsy, seen a couple grunting and pushing does , but only a hundred yards or so before they decide her heart aint in it.

Grunting and sparring a lot, the warm weather this week will slow em down,but next weekend with temps near freezing, I think they will go nuts!! About time to get serious!! LOL
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Got this guy this morning after about 20 min. waiting and debating on whether to shoot him or not. He finally decided to give me a shot and I took it. Now I am out of any deer tags and turkey season is a long way off....

"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Nice deer Scott.  Buck  tag gone so I'm going after coyotes with my bow.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
Nice looking buck swp!   :thumbsup:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
Blowing nice and cold out of the N NW this evening. I will be out first thing tomorrow morning. Hoping the rain and wind will push these deer down into bedding until early morning and get them up and moving come first light for some breakfast..
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Great buck SWP!! Way to get it done!!  :notworthy:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

Figured I'd let enough of them pass waiting for Mr. BigBoy with the freezer about empty. 2016 behind a Magnus 2 blade from my Shawnee, double lung, didn't go far. Tendervitals.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©