3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Missouri Season  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Missouri Season
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
You're so right Tom..... Good vitals!

Congratulations!!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
I have had the fewest sightings of any year of deer hunting in the past decade. Walked the entire property today a d no scrapes no rubs not even any tracks. In years past I would see a half dozen or more deer per sit. This year I have seen 3 total. Any other MO guys experiencing this?? O think Ehd and drought might have taken a huge toll in my area. It is depressing.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline Wind D Ranch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
The only buck I've seen that would make the 4-point minimum was laying dead in the river.  I have seen plenty of does and a couple of fork horns.  I found a couple of rubs so far that look promising.  I'm off work all next week so hopefully I'll see something exciting.
NRA Endowment Member.

"Magna est veritas sed rara" (Archers are all honorable men)  The White Company by A. Conan Doyle

Thanks for everything, dad.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
We are lucky here in n central, bout the same as usual.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline huey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2012, 05:26:00 AM »
Sam, when season first opened I ask the same thing. Something going on here also. The trails and buck sign I see every season are few this year. Things have improved the last 2 weeks. We are seeing more deer, but they seem to be holding to a smaller area. Lots of fawns with no mama early. Two weeks ago saw a buck chasing a doe and not trailing I mean full out chase. Since then everthing normal. Strange season so far for me and partner.

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
I am off Nov 5 - 10th. Hopefully the rut kicks in and sightings increase.

Offline battman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Released my first traditional arrow at a critter this morning.Saw a few deer but nothing offered a shot.Decided to head home and on the way out saw a couple jakes about 200 yards between me and the truck.Jumped back in the trees and put the sneak on.Got to the end of the ditch and lucked out as they droped behind a levee.Snuck up there knowing when I poked my head over I'd have to act fast.Of course they saw me, one flew and one trotted straight away.Decided to take the shot but shot where he was and not where he was gonna be.Hit about 10 yards right behind him.Oh well it was pretty fun anyways.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
Color me jealous our season is done.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »
Just got home from a visit to your beautiful state...  My first Missouri hunt but not my last   :)  

Hunted around Carrollton and this fine 11 point Missouri Buck gave me a shot.....

The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
Great buck, congrats.  Come back anytime!

Offline kahunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
Wow, that's a great buck!  Cool brow tines too.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
You Missouri guys have some great bucks... I hunted a wood lot in the middle of beans and corn. The trail cameras caught some huge bucks. I was very lucky, the moon was full and the temps were rising but I was blessed with one chance and it worked. I hunted the rest of my stay in the hopes of one of your big Toms and came feet from a shot at a monster but I didn't see another shooter (4 point or better) buck the rest of the trip. Good luck guys...  it should get real good soon.....
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
that's a gorgeous buck!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline battman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
Heck of a nice buck Coaster.You wheren't huntin to awful far from me.

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »
Nice buck!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline DavidTwyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
Got very very close to getting a shot at a good buck this morning. Had a doe working toward me after entering the the woods from the field. When all of a sudden a nice buck come busting into the woods straight toward me. He finally stop at about 10 yards facing straight at me he raised his head up and then turn and took five big jumps away from me and got behind some big trees. Then went on to chase the doe on over the hill away from me. Don't know how many points for sure but he was tall and heavy. I think he was a 8 or 9 point.
  I took a shot like that once before when one was facing me at the base of the neck and never recovered it and that was after a blood trail that you could follow for half to three quarters of a mile as fast as you could walk, and then all of a sudden it stop. I said never again was I going to take that shot.
  Maybe I will see him again it. It was still a great encounter though.

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
Vacation starts tomorrow. Any of you guys get out this morning?? Was perfect weather. Share some observations. I am hearing mixed reviews from Missouri guys about where we are in the rut right now. What have you all observed??

Offline rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Had 20 turkeys 10 yards from me yesterday while I was hunting out of a brushpile.  Real hard to get a draw with 40 eyes watching.  I just let them walk by.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »
Missed a doe this morning, sitting in brush ground blind. She saw me draw and I rushed the shot and didn't pick a spot. Had a 5 pt buck at 10 feet. He was trying to figure out what that hyperventilating bush was doing.....to bad I don't have a buck tag left.   :archer2:
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »

Shot this one this morning with a bow made by kennym from here in mo. It was from this year's bow swap on the bowyers bench. Thanks kenny.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©