3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 5 pines farm 2012 semi live  (Read 10860 times)

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 5 pines farm 2012 semi live
« Reply #360 on: October 14, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
What a nice place you have! Looking forward to the rest of your season.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #361 on: October 14, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
:archer:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #362 on: October 15, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
Yesterday we received more rain than we have in the last 6 weeks. Almost three full inches! Needless to say there wasn't much hunting going on!

Today the temp was 30 degrees and the grass at the lower end of the valley was frozen solid! I chose the "Joel" stand. Its the stand where I missed that doe just last week. As the sun rose an icy fog hung along the creek bottom

I really felt confident as I walked to the stand that today was going to be " the day". But unfortunately I got skunked. In fact the only deer I saw was the one I jumped in the grass after coming out of the biffy at 6 am! It was bedded only 15 yards away!

tonight I will head up to one of the food plots up above and hope that the deer will be more cooperative!
Make a life, not a living

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #363 on: October 15, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
the rain has made the food plots just gorgeous again.

how a bout a rape salad?

I decided if it looked good enough for me to eat the deer will be here tonight too. Boy were they ever!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #364 on: October 15, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by LITTLEBIGMAN:
I decided if it looked good enough for me to eat the deer will be here tonight too. Boy were they ever!
You're really not going to leave us hanging till morning on that statement are you?  :saywhat:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
What Whip said.......  :banghead:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #366 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Whip just so ya know he's got a mean streak sometimes   :dunno:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #367 on: October 15, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Holy Cow! 1 picture and 37 words!,
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #368 on: October 15, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
The sun was quite high yet when below the Bwana stand, down the ridge I see the heads of three deer which ultimately turn into five deer coming up to the rape field. At first it looked like they would come up the exact path I needed them on to get a close shot. But at 20 yards they veered slightly to the left and came out in a spot where I had no shot. After a short stop they headed into the rape field just outside of my comfort range. The one big doe had triplets. She was easily the largest doe I have ever seen in thirty years of bow hunting. The only word that fits the bill is one my eight year old grand daughter uses, GINORMUS!

I think she is the same doe as in the trail camera photo I posted last week. I needed her to work her way to the right about 15 yards. They were feasting on the Rape leaves. Finally one of them caught me moving , maybe got a whiff of me or something. But first the smaller doe headed back into the timber, followed by the triplets and finally Ginormus left the field as well. She was so big I had begun to get big buck fever. Perhaps I should say big doe fever!

As the sun set another deer appeared to my right on the very edge of plot. A buck. Either a six point or an eight point. It was hard to tell with the fading light. I waited until he had fed out of sight by going over the hill and tried to quietly slip away. I don't think I got away with it.

here is a look as the great colors I enjoyed tonight.

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #369 on: October 15, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
you guys keep me going!!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #370 on: October 15, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2012, 06:17:00 AM »
25 pages already. I predicted 30, going to happen for sure.  
I gotta get me a better hunting life. I hunt my own land as well, no food plots, but several doe groups live here. Bucks when needed. You've inspired me to get my spot better organized for better effort.
Thanks for taking the time to share.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
That's more like it....  this beats the "L" out of the news paper....  my new morning read  :)  

:coffee:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Very Nice! I check your updates every day as well. Got a feeling you will connect this month. Keep up the good work!!
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Well either I chose my stand selection poorly this am or it was just deader than ****. You guys know the expression!  2nd am in a row that I got skunked.
Forecast for this afternoon is for very warm temps close to 70! I will have to choose somewhere I can sit a strong south wind as well.   But the long range forecast are for temps more to my liking and soon the chasing will be full on !

Offline Robhood23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #375 on: October 16, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
If you ever need any help tracking or dragging just give me a shout! I am only about 40 minutes from ya! Good luck and I also enjoy checking your posts!
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
Robhood23, will do!

I watched the indoor display on the outdoor temps all afternoon. As it crept closer and closer to 70 degrees I decided I would forgo the afternoon hunt. So I went oout and shot some arrows then jumped on the tractor and started to make a few rounds on the CRP hill side up behind the yurt. After about an hour the wind had dropped off considerably and I could feel the temps falling as well. By now it was too late to go anywhere but one place. I put the tractor in the shed and quickly changed into hunting gear. It's no more than a 5 minute walk  up from the yurt and 1/2 way there as I rounded the 1st bend in the logging road I saw 2 white flags dancing away thru the brush. Now I don't know if they had been bedded or were on their feet. But it occurred to me while riding the tractor that the spot behind the yurt might be a better PM spot after all. So the next time we have a southerly wind I may give that stand a shot. But you can bet I'll be there earlier and will come in from above rather than from below.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
You are keeping the interest at a high level on this post.......waiting for the next chapter makes it even better....keep up the great diary!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
:coffee:

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
I've also been checking this once or twice a day.  I don't get out to hunt as much as you do, so it's nice to read this everyday.  Thanks for taking us along.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©