3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anybody near me? Albany, GA  (Read 806 times)

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Anybody near me? Albany, GA
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »
Hey guys, I am wondering how many trad guys there are in the area. I have spoke to a couple, but have not met them as of yet. Would be interesting to meet a few.
I have recently completed a new 3d archery range on my property and wold like to invite anybody to come and shoot with me. I have 30 stations with 2 targets at each station. Mckenzies and  some deltas with an aray of different animals including african. I also have a running deer target that is completly electric(pretty cool). The whole thing is set in a mixture of hardwoods and volunteer pine growth.
If it would cool down, I would have probably worn out all the targets already.LOL
         Looking forward to hearing from ya'll, BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody near me? Albany, GA
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
From Summerville, SC to Albany, Ga.
322 mi – about 5 hours 49 mins, according to google.  
Sounds like a sweet setup.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Hey Big Jim, if I get drawn for one of the hunts I put in for, I drive right through Albany. To bad I don't do sales anymore, I used to go the Miller brewry.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
Just let me know when ya'll want to come and shoot. They don't get shot much and I could use some help.
Later, BigJim

Offline tim-flood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
there is shoot in east ga this weekend the Tomo Chi Chi guys are getting together it is in the " Trad events " section

Offline archrmn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
Big Jim, I run the Norfolk Southern from Macon to Valdosta to Jacksonville several times a month, send me some info and directions , and when you plan to shoot .I'll see what I can do, also have gotten about 4 other guys involved in traditional so i'll let them know as well. Thanks..

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »
Tomo Chi Chi used to put on some pretty good shoots, I don't know though, its 101F here at the moment!

Offline DAGATOR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Hey Jim-
I have wanted to call you just to stay in touch. It has simply been way too hot for me to shoot these days. I have not even shot in my yard for over two weeks. I did manage to chase hogs on Chickasawhatchee and almost stepped on a snake. I also had a doe at 15 steps. Nothing to do but take a photo.
Clay

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Hey Big Jim,  I hunt in Edison, which is about 30 miles from Albany.  I will look you up when I come your way next.  Sounds like a good time.   I was actually born in Albany in 1970 when my dad was stationed there at the Naval Air Station.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
Hey Big Jim,

Welcome.  There are several in your area, best way to touch base is to shoot over to the Trad Bowhunter's of Georgia page here on TradGang:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=026439;p=2

And post there and look around.  Great group, some fun hunts and shoots.  You just missed our annual banquet in Griffin.

We have a fun pig and squirrel hunt at Chickasawhatchee WMA in January...I'm thinking 3D at your place midday and piggies in the swamp...LIFE IS GOOD!  Look forward to meeting you.

Steve

Here are a few photos.  State Championship near Macon:

After the shoot tall tales and cocktails:

Surviving the fog at Cohutta hunt last year:

Offline Interseptor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
Hey Greg!
I was born in Arlington and have family in Edison.  Tell me what the hunting is like in that area.  My cousin were telling me about some family friend who have land in Calhoun County, I just never got around to following up.

Doug
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
Howdy, Doug!  The hunting is good and the chance for a decent buck is there.  Where we hunt is a bit of a challenge to bowhunt because there is so much agriculture that the deer can and do pop out anywhere.  It is a good problem to have though.

Another part of the equation is the growing number of hogs in the area.  They do a lot of crop damage but are fun to hunt...when they are there.  They are quite nomadic and come and go as they please.

Last year there was a picture of a monster 10 point in GON magazine that was killed near Arlington.  Looks like you should visit the kin folk more!

Gregg
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline sak84

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
Big Jim, I am in Lee County (Callaway Lakes) and I have been shooting a long bow for about 8 months now and I have plenty of room for improvement.  I am always looking for a brain to pick to improve my skills.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »
All sounds great. Ya'll can call me anytime on my cell 229-344-6617. Sak84 I will be shooting this weekend as I do most weekends. Call me and we will get together.
BigJim

Offline maconducks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
Big Jim, I get to Albany occasionly(grew up there) and I shot w/ your wife at the Appling shoot.  Just send me an email when you get some folks together and I'd love to come shoot.  One of my partners owns Backwoods Outdoors and I got him set up w/a nice custom recurve about 6 months ago.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
Russ- I spoke with the fella at Backwoods about his bow a little. I am hearing from a few people interrested in shooting the range, we may get a group together, or if you have a few people you want to bring that wood be good too.
Let me know, BigJim

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »
Well I'm going to shoot this morning. Talked to a couple of friends who shoot compounds to come and join me but they don't know how to return phone calls so looks like I'm going it alone again. Oh Well. I guess this way I'm assured to be the best shot on the course today!
Ya'll keep writing. I'm enjoying hearing from those of you interrested in stoping in.

BigJim

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Big Jim, i live north of ya about 100 miles +/-, but i have a friend who lives in Leesburg GA.( Sam is from up here, and just moved to Leesburg), and who is going on a Africa Bowhunt( 2 week hunt) next Friday, i sure he could use some practice  :bigsmyl:   on those African 3-d's, so i am sending him your number............Thanks W.Tim

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Great! Look forward to hearing from him.
BigJim

Offline brent d.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
hey jim   :)   ! Gotta go to church this morning.
but I would love to shoot later.(I sure need to) I dont think you ever said what part of town you live in.
I saw that SAK... lives in callaway lakes, I live about a half mile from him on Holly Hill rd.
Have a great morning and thanks for the invite.

Clay...my wife totally loves your breading! me too.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©