3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone know their Bear Takedowns?  (Read 131 times)

Offline sjs031

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone know their Bear Takedowns?
« on: September 14, 2012, 11:43:00 PM »
Hey folks-

Pretty new here and trying to figure out a mystery. I bought a Bear Takedown (B riser, SUPPOSEDLY #3 limbs @ 45#) and the bow is gorgeous. The only weird thing is it appears to have #2 limbs instead. I communicated with the seller, and even e-mailed Bear customer support, who claimed that the limbs are #3s.

Well, the limbs are actually labelled "B - 60- 45#" and the #3 limbs are supposed to results in a 64" bow on the B riser. Bear's explanation was "I guess they are mis-labeled."

Ok, so well, I just got another set of Bear Takedown limbs I bought on ****, and they were advertised as 37# and 64" AMO on a B riser. The new (actually old) white fascor limbs are fully 2 inches longer than the limbs I got with the original bow. So, either #3 limbs were longer in the past, or I did not in fact get #3 limbs as advertised.

Can someone out there who has a bear takedown help me out? If you have #2 or #3 limbs can you run a tape measure along one from the base of the insert to the top of the tip? I can compare ot my limbs and see which is which. I definitely have two different length limbs and they are both supposed to be sets of the #3 limbs.

Thanks in advance for any help. I plan to call Bear back again next week, but I'd some new data points to help me keep this all clear.

-Steve

Offline sjs031

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone know their Bear Takedowns?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey one more thing-

I just ran a piece of painter's tape along the back edge of both limbs and measured from the very tip (tore off the tape there) to the flat base of the insert, without any lapping the tape over the end. The tape pulled off the shorter limbs measures exactly 24 inches and the piece of tape from the longer ones measures exactly 26 inches.

I know I sounds like I'm nuts, but this has been bugging me. Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

-Steve

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone know their Bear Takedowns?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
It seems like a no-brainer to me.B-60" means they are #1 limbs.A pair of limbs,each 2" longer= 4" longer total,which means #3 limbs.

You should be measuring the bow with the first pair on.you would have your answer.Is it 60" or not?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©