3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What whitetail scent produces best for you?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Bucket

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What whitetail scent produces best for you?
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Kirshner makes some good stuff. His silver top is a good pre rut scent.

Like J-Dog, I had some curiosity on my boots as I walked into my stand a couple years back and later had a doe run across where I had freshened up my pads. It slid a good 2 foot to a stop at the trail I came in on. She wandered back and forth on it for a good 20 min. Never spooked, or followed the trail one way or another for very far, just hung around where I had freshed my boots. I won't say it pulled her in, but it did keep her there.
Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare?

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
2 Parts Vanilla Extract 1 Part Anise Oil and fill the rest of a 2 ounce bottle with Distilled Water.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
I try to go with no scent at all.  Including my own.  I think that, where I hunt, the more unchanged the situation is for the deer, the more relaxed they are.   During rut I have used some scents and had some luck with them , but not really so much as to totally believe in them.
ChuckC

Offline AleghenyMtnBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
I've used them all. 3 years ago, I ran across something I've never seen before. Doe In Heat candles. Tried 'em and liked 'em. 2 years ago I found something different....oil based Doe In Heat scent and oil based buck tarsal scent. Had to try it because the price was right. $7 for 2 ounces. This stuff puts all those watered down lures to shame. It's potent! I use the roll up sticks at my deercam sets.

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Red Man Golden Blend. Apply in about a 3 foot radius from your stand.
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
Straight up doe pee. The esterous works for me on unpressured land, but on state land everyone uses it and the deer are almost spooked by it.
Trails End #307 for late season.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline fisheye47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »
During gun season in no. Minnesota Trails end 307 seemed to work well(this would be in the rut)Haven't used sents much bowhunting-but last year I shot a buck off a mock scrape I made under my stand-that I had put a few squirts of #307 on, I think I will do the same this year but use a dripper bottle-durring the rut here in No. carolina-aint this deer stuff fun-45 years huntin these things and still lookin to figure em out!CAM  :banghead:

Offline Jim Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »
If the snickers bar doesn't do it for bears, just carry a tuna sanwich in your pocket. That'll do it!!

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2007, 04:49:00 AM »
I try to urinate in scrapes all year long while scouting etc. I also have added "wall hanger" to scrapes as well. Other then that. I prefer no scent added to my hunting spot.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
my father said his brother used to pour some aftershave lotion on a rag and shoot alot of Does coming into to smell it... honestly no kidding he said it was some kind of curiousity thing but he never tried it.
"Us vs Them"

Online bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
Placenta from field mice

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©