3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone ever lucky enough to find a bow they used to own but sold?  (Read 256 times)

Offline briarsdad

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone ever lucky enough to find a bow they used to own but sold?
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
The year my son was born I orderd my first ever custom bow. A black Widow PSA II 60" #50@28". I killed a couple hogs and a doe behind the house with that bow and I was proud as could be of it. I was working road and bridge construction at that time and had a long winter with no work and no money so the bow had to go to catch up a little. I often wonder where it ended up? I sold it to a guy I knew but he sold it and I have no idea to who. Have any of you ever been lucky enough to run across your old bow and been able to buy it back?
Black Widow PLX Osage
Black Widow PLX Crossgrain Graybark
Red Feather Archery broadheads!

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone ever lucky enough to find a bow they used to own but sold?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
Yup, but not without a little begging   :biglaugh:   Been on the other end a couple of times, sent a few back home too.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
I got a set of limbs back that I dearly missed.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Yep. Found one, bought it back again. Eventually resold it at another loss...
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »
Huh heard of a few passing hands but non ever came back,,, still looking for all my Doe and Deer killers, the Springer (chinook), Ginger (St Charles t/d)  and a few that never had names 8^(
"Us vs Them"

Offline briarsdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
I am not alone! If anyone finds a psa with the name Bill Eyre on it I WANT IT BACK ....PLEASE!!!
Black Widow PLX Osage

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Yup! Actually have a bob lee on it's way home as we speak!

Put up a major search effort on here back in July, to no avail. Then out of the blue last week, my new best friend  (GRINCH) tipped me off that it up for sale in the classifieds!

Dave and I came to an agreement, and now my long lost bob lee longbow is heading home!

Keep the faith brother! A post with a couple pictures goes a long way. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
The first "good" bow I ever owned was a Bighorn.  That bow was the one that convinced me to go Trad for good.  Sold it 20 years ago on the search for the "perfect" bow.  While I prefer longbows, I regretted selling that bow.  Was able to track it down this summer and it is now back home for good.

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
There is a Howard Hill Big Five with a lot of TG history out there. I sold it 4 months ago, and I was told last week I have first dibs on getting it back. MO will probably go out tomorrow  :)

I've sold a few bows, this was the only one I knew I shouldn't let go of. I'll be glad to have it back!

Got a buddy still trying to find his Centaur that he took his first trad deer with, and a dandy buck at that.
Thom

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 06:49:00 AM »
I re-owned a Firefly for the second time. Sold it in a brain fart a couple years ago and got it back a few months ago. She picked up a few character marks in her absence but she was glad to be home....for good.

There is a Sovereign Ballistik I sold several years ago and I know where it is. The fellow who owns it wants more than the original purchase price since John died. Doubt if I will ever see her again.

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
I've got a Shrew out there somewhere I'd love to have back...
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline LongbowArchitect

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
I sold my old Monarch longbow about 18 years ago and always regretted it.  I found it for sale on consignment at RMS Gear in Denver a couple of years ago and bought it back.  It was in perfect shape and apparently had not been shot since I sold it.  A bow collector had purchased it and had it on display for 15 years.  It shoots as well as I remember.

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
Sold a Fedora TD a few years ago at Cloverdale to some guy I didn't know.  Later was kicking myself for parting with it.  Then the next year at Cloverdale here comes that guy packing my Fedora around with a for sale sign on it.    :D  I also just recently bought back a Dave Wallace longbow I had sold a few years ago--thought it was a bit light on the draw weight.  However, I knew where that one was. Now I am ready to drop down a few pounds....one day at a local shoot the owner told me he had never really used it if I wanted it back.  I gladly bought that one back too and can't for the life of me figure out why I ever sold it.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Panzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
No. But there,s still hope.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
yep, I have found and bought two bows back, one will be delivered tomorrow. Ended up seling the other again.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
Mudd traded for a HH Cheetah that Robert Carter had made. I wanted that bow so bad I could taste it. Didn't have the money or anything to trade. Mudd then traded it to a mutual friend. Got it back in another trade. Traded it off two more times & got it back. I bought it from Mudd. told him he had owned it for the last time!
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
I know where and who has the "one" I want back but he will not part with it!   :banghead:  I even offered a brand new replacement!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline emt137

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
There's a Hill Redman out there with an ebony riser and antler limb tips I'd love to have back. I remember the name on the bow too.
"For man only stays human by preserving large patches of simplicity in his life, while the tendency of many modern inventions...is to weaken his consciousness, dull his curiosity, and, in general, drive him nearer to the animals." -George Orwell

Offline briarsdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
I feel for you Big Ed, It would be worse to know where it is and not have it then just wonder.I put a post on the widow wall looking for mine.I am gonna try to find some pics and post on here too. Maybe I will get lucky someday and find it!
Black Widow PLX Osage

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©