3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FYI, Knife and broadhead sharpening  (Read 639 times)

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: FYI, Knife and broadhead sharpening
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
The guy that wrote "The Razor Edge Book of Sharpening" is in the "Guinness Book of World Records" for his ability to sharpen things.  I think I'll take his advice on the subject.    :thumbsup:
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline ogopogoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Well,. actually if you wanna be technical, they ARE Canadian Geese because they breed in Canada and are born here...lol..now I'm sure some Northern States too they would breed as well, but primiarily in Canada. Hence ..Canada Goose..or Honkers as we call them up here..I love banter too..lol...So actually in fact..most Canada Goose are born in Canada..around 87.5-91.74 percent according to the MNR.
I learned to swim ashore from stones, I learned to live alone in droves...Allergic to Myself....
my upcoming album..

Offline Artur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »
Just so y'all can take a gander at what the fella in Ely can do for your blades, here's the URL for his website:
  http://www.razoredgesystems.com/  

I stopped using oil and water on my hones -- Arkansas stones -- and started getting sharper edges. Keep the stone clean, and it doesn't "glaze" -- it just takes a little bit of time to clean the stone, about the same as smearing the oil around and then wiping it off.

Like Landshark says, the guy is in the Guinness Book of World Records -- there's a reason for it. Besides, he built a business out of sharpening knives of all types, and that business is extremely successful. Oh, and that part about taking 14 minutes to lather and shave...he did have a **thick** full beard; the shaving only took about two minutes. How many can sharpen an axe, from won't-cut-a-fart to shaving-sharp, in less than 15 minutes -- without using oil or water on the hone?
Artur - Archer/Fletcher; To Live Is To Learn, To Learn Is to Live

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©