3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wyoming preference points, deadline approaching  (Read 173 times)

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wyoming preference points, deadline approaching
« on: September 20, 2012, 05:59:00 PM »
Just a reminder to any of you Wyoming nonresidents wanting to hunt big game in Wyoming in the next year or two.  Preference points can be purchased only during a time window of July 1 through September 30 each year and Sept. 30 is fast approaching.

Tags for some species such as antelope can be easily obtained after the drawing in some units with limited access to public land, but those areas are the exception.  General statewide any sex elk tags have required one point to draw for the past several years.  Many mule deer areas require a point or more.  Antelope requires 2-3 points in the units where we hunt.  Preference points will keep for a couple of years if you change your plans and don't use them right away.  You need to have some activity on your account every other year such as applying for a tag or buying another point and your points will remain valid.  Nonactivity for two years will result in your points account being purged.

Elk points are $50.  Mule Deer points are $40 and pronghorn points are $30.  Points purchased by September 30 this year will be good for the Big Game drawings that open in January 2013. If you do not already have 9-10 points for Moose or Sheep I would not waste the money chasing them.  There are thousands of point holders ahead of you and you are not likely to live long enough to catch up.

Some people seem to think Wyoming has a somewhat complicated big game proclaimation.  I am well versed in what you need to do to draw tags and will be happy to answer any of your questions if you want to ask.

Good Hunting

John Berger

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wyoming preference points, deadline approaching
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
I now have 3 elk points!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
I've got 11 or 12 Moose and sheep points, don't know when I'll get to use'em though.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
Tags are going up 50% in the very near future. Hunt Wyo while you can afford it.  :eek:
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
That's what I hear Tracy. No more elk in wy for me! Antelope are a different matter though  :)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
last warning

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »