3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strange or Unexplained  (Read 12442 times)

Offline jamie2778

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strange or Unexplained
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
i have one from downunder for you.i was out hog hunting with my mate and his dogs,we camped in a cave beside a river and at about 2am the dogs start to growl and get real edgey this goes on for half an hour we can hear something out there but don't know what.finally my mate sends the dogs after it,they ran thru the river and came back twice as fast with there tails between there legs.these dogs are mastiff crosses that weigh approx 120lbs each and will single handedly catch hogs that weigh 250lbs but what ever was there scared the s..t out of the three tuffest dogs you would find anywhere.five minutes later we heard some loud crashing in the bush we never did find out what it was but we don't hunt there anymore

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
I once went to a doughnut eating contest. Before the bell sound to start the contest people started screaming like banshees!   :eek:  

Rosie O'Donnell showed up in her spandex onezee thong!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!

:bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
I was deer hunting a few years ago on a WMA in east middle GA.  Buddy didn't show that was supposed to, so I was by myself.  Woods were real dry, like walking in cornflakes, so when I found a good place that morning I decided after lunch to go back there for the evening.  I took my Tree Lounge in as quietly as possible right after lunch.  Moved like a squirrel and silently placed my stand. Then I climbed the tree to about 25 to 30 feet up.  The plan was I was going to nap in the tree until late afternoon...that way the woods would not be disturbed with my arrival for the late PM hunt.  I was sound asleep when I guess something woke me.  I opened my eyes as a fighter jet plane crossed on top of me,  There was no sound.  It was close enough to see individual rivets!  I only had time to think man that's going to be loud!!!!!!!!!!When the sound hit me.  I SCREAMED, I mean I SCREAMED!! and tried to jump out of the stand before I finally realized what had happened!  So much for being quiet, as I snickered the rest of the afternoon every time I thought about it.  Never saw a thing.  Only the wash woman knows for sure!

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »
I was sittin in my stand right as it was getting light and saw a hawk sitting in the tree next to me. so i was sitting there mesmorized by the hawk for a few minutes untill i realized were i was again and turned away to look for any deer. well the next thing i see is a huge ball of feathers attaking me. after about an hour of shaking in my boots common since rolled in as i realized it was the hawk. after wondering why for a bit i figured it wasnt attaking me it was attaking the beaver furr silencer i had on my bow string.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »
Me and a group of friends hunt on an Indiana National Guard post.   Lots of woods and lots of deer.   One guy who had never hunted the post decided to go.   He was taken into a nice wooded area.  He climbed up in his stand and a few hours later he got that feeling of being watched.   He told me that he had a weird feeling come over him.  He was trying to decide if he should come down and go to the truck, he decided to stay and stick it out.

He noticed off to one side he saw some movement.  But after looking directly at the area he did not see anything.    He then noticed off to the other side he saw some movement but could not see anything.  This happened a few more times.  He was getting scared at this time.  

Finally he witnessed a bush move.  Doesn’t seem like a big deal but it was dead calm that day.  He told me that he had such a strange feeling that he thought about using his pull up rope and a slide down rope but thought it might not hold him.  So he climbed down the tree and gathered his stand and belongings and beat feeted out of the woods.  

He was about 1/2 way to the truck and a bush stood up and started talking to him and told him to leave the area.  He also noted that the bush was holding a big scoped bolt gun.   He told the bush "yes Sir" and he got the heck out of there.    

He did not know what was going on but it must have been some type of soldier but he was not for sure.

A few months later I was talking to a friend that is a Navy Seal Sniper instructor.  He was telling me a story about his group doing a stalk on a designated point.  As they were doing a stalk they noticed a deer hunter in a deer stand.   The seals used the hunter as a training prop.  

The time line and the area on the Post was the same as my buddies incident so it was probably yhe same incident.

The SEALS wanted to sneak past him with out being detected.   All of them made it past him with out being detected.  The last one made him self known so the hunter would change locations.

All together there was 16 SEALS that snuck past him.

My buddy did not hunt the Post for a long time after that.
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2008, 04:02:00 AM »
I was checking some deer stands the other day and when I climbed into a ladder stand and started to fold the seat down I had a feeling that a snake might be in the seat.  

I told myself do not jump back and fall to the ground.  I mentally preped my self and folded down the seat.
  When I folded it down three squirrels came out and ran all different directions.  One came within inches of my hand that was on the seat.

I let out a yell and my buddy on the ground thought I had gone crazy untill he seen the squirrels running everywhere.  

When I got down I had the help him up off the ground because he could not breath from laughing soo hard.

After that We filled up some deer feeders.   One feeder had fallen over.   I decided to kick it before I proped it up.  (Make sure there were no snakes hin=ding it there)

After I kicked it a ground squirrel ran out and ran across the toe of my boot.  I then again had to help my buddy off the ground because he was laughing soo hard at me.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2008, 04:19:00 AM »
Whump Sez; I shot a nine point buck a few years ago on a Q2 shot. The arrow entered just in front of the right fore leg--it was about a 20yd shot, shooting a Hill style bow with magnus 4blds and a 675gn wood arrow. The buck grunted just like a rut grunt when he was hit. He bounded off out of sight with his tail down. I waited about 2 hrs and started the track. I found my arrow where he was standing with the shaft broken off right behind the broadhead and it was clean---no blood. I started following a good blood trail and found the buck about 70 yds away. The arrow had penetrated through the brisket severing a heart artery and barely punching through the brisket on the opposite shoulder. The odd thing was there was no blood at all on the arrow shaft.  Hunt Safe   :confused:

Offline HAWKEYE1757

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »
This has been a great thread! Love them goose bumps!

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: August 18, 2008, 05:21:00 AM »
Whump Sez; Ok--here is a glowing eye story. I was walking back form a hunt one evening comming up a really steep hill. I had a small AA mag light--up ahead of me on the trail I saw six eyes glowing in the light---they were stacked on top of each other and from my perspective it looked about 6ft tall.  I stopped and they were not moving just staring back at me. I new I could not out run what ever it was on this terrain; so I decided on a forward charge in hopes I could run what ever it was off.   3 coons--one on all fours--one behind him on hind legs and another on a stump standing. That is how six eyed purple people eater stories get started. I was relieved though. Hunt safe.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: August 18, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
Well, didn't happen to me but raised chills nonetheless. On a piece of property in Morgan co. Georgia me and a buddy used to hunt together. They have since put a bypass highway through the middle of it. My Bud had took off a week during bow season and was hunting by himself. He stuck a nice doe, found her and was just finished gutting her when he heard what sounded like deer running towards him. Actually what it turned out to be was eight Wild dogs that had smelled the kill. There he was with his bow 125 yards from him leaned up on his climber. All he had was his knife. He told me they all split up and formed a circle around him and started acting a bit aggressive, snarling. He grabbed the doe by the leg while yelling God knows what at em. He said a couple followed him a ways before joining the others on the gutpile.
He isn't one to spook easy, but that really got his goat. From then on, he packed his S&W for some insurance. I told him if it was me they could have had the doe. We never saw them again, but do believe we heard them several times after that.....
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
LOL - it is good to have this thread back at the top  :D

Man, I guess it does not need a sonic boom to shake somebody out off a tree?!?  :thumbsup:
The Squirrel stories are great and I love the six eyed coon monster  :D

I wonder though, why one would want to prepare oneself to shoot a/the bigfoot?! They seem to be a little scarce, not? Wouldn't it be better to take the honor - being eaten - or whatever a bigfoot might want to do if you get caught?! Maybe people will name a river or mountain after you, when they later find out about your fate ...

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:00 AM »
Has anyone seen the latest story about a group of bigfoot trackers finding a fresh dead body of bigfoot in the north Georgia woods?

I found a website that shows a press release and the tracker was giving details.

I believe these guys are a hoax.   After watching the press release and watching his actions and using my knowledge of interviewing people and watching body language I came to the conclusion that he was was not telling the truth.

Can I get a LEO with training on body language to watch this and give me thier opinion on it.
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2008, 01:20:00 AM »
Whump Sez; " The lung gurgleing monster" I was hunting in a bowhunting only club  in the early 70,s in north alabama---Eric krewson,s stomping grounds. My best friend and hunting bud at the time was a vietnam vet and we both carried 45 colts for insurance. We were returning to the camp house with no lights and we heard what sounded like a large animal shot through the lungs---bubbling blood. A short discussion insued and we decided to slip up on this thing and see what it was. We crawled closer and closer and the hair was standing up on my neck ,   :scared:   it was the most horrible sound you could imagine. I looked at him and asked him what he thought it was? he said I don't know but I bet it won't get but one of us---at that point it sounded like I swallowed a walnut. We crept closer and closer to the sound and finally-----we had spent about an hour slipping up on a well pump. The pump would get on air and when the water would run back in the well it would gurgle and sputter just like some awful creature that was lung shot. I have never been so relieved and foolish feeling in my life.   :rolleyes:   Hunt safe.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by 702plmo:
Has anyone seen the latest story about a group of bigfoot trackers finding a fresh dead body of bigfoot in the north Georgia woods?

I found a website that shows a press release and the tracker was giving details.

I believe these guys are a hoax.   After watching the press release and watching his actions and using my knowledge of interviewing people and watching body language I came to the conclusion that he was was not telling the truth.

Can I get a LEO with training on body language to watch this and give me thier opinion on it.
Have a look here...

http://news.yahoo.com/story//nm/20080815/ts_nm/bigfoot_dc

At least one of these guys is known to have been involved in a bigfoot hoax before.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Monkey suit.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
okay here's a true story for ya. I was in the airforce in 1981 stationed at tatalina afs in alaska. I was a radar operator. On our radar scope we could see Mt Mckinnly. Well one night I was pulling the late shift and was a little bored when a bogy appeared on my scope travelling at a high rate of speed. I informed the officer on duty. He checked the log book for spook flights (sr71) There was nothing scheduled. We sent out an iff to the bogey and recievec nothing back. meanwhile it had taken up a position circleing Mt Mckinnley, almost like a cap flight,until it took off ata speed excedding mach 10 from our calculations.Last glimpse we had of it on radar it was climbing and passing 70,000 feet. I'll never forget the way that thing manuvered. at times it actually didn't move. impossible as it sounds. Tapes of all the radar images and all other data was sent to norad at cheyene mountain.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
Great story NH.
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »
I seen on the news that the north Georgia Bigfoot was a hoax.    It was a ape suit used a a prop.   I knew my feelings were right.

Night hawk,  that is a neat story.
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
Years ago, my hunting partner, Mike (ArrowK9) and I were hunting a piece of public land that had a small airstrip running through it.  We were both set up a few hundred yards apart and about 30 yards or so off the airstrip.  A National Guard helicopter starts making touch and go landings shortly after we got settled in for our afternoon hunt.  At first, it really wasn't that big of a deal. He'd come in, I'd grab the tree and prepare for the noise and blast of wind, then he'd fly away and I'd think it was over.  A few minutes later, he'd come back again. I just kept figuring he'd be done soon and we'd still have a good evening hunt.

After more than an hour of this I was starting to get pretty annoyed. I figured the heck with it and was going to just take down my stand, get Mike, and go hunt the ground in another location to salvage the evening. About the time I'm thinking this, in comes the 'copter again which pretty much solidified my decision.

Now Mike was still pretty fresh out of the Navy and, being from New York, he was still wound pretty tight.  I stood up to drop my bow and gear down as the 'copter was coming in.  As I'm doing this, I'm watching the 'copter come in when all of the sudden Mike comes storming out of the tree line right out in the middle of the runway in front of the 'copter, which wasn't but maybe 60' above the runway.  He stands and faces the 'copter and starts giving off these military hand and body signals that I didn't recognize.  Then he arched his back, threw his arms straight out, and with both hands threw up a hand signal that I clearly recognized.  Then he threw the signal again, and again, and followed by dropping one arm to about waist level where he proceed to move it about, making another signal that I also clearly recognized.  

By now, the pilot was just hovering in front of Mike about parallel with my location and I could see his face plain as day.  I read his lips as he said to his co-pilot something to the effect of, "Look at this mentally challenged Magnificent Fellow!".  The pilot slid open the window, stuck out his arm, and returned the signal Mike had so impressively provided moments before.  The pilot closed the window, said a few more carefully choosen words to his co-pilot, flew off and did not return. We enjoyed the rest of our evening, which by now had just turned into a laugh-fest.

We've got lots of other stories of things we've done together, but that one will always remain as one of my top all-time favorite problem solving events.  The times we spent hunting that particular property back then can never be repeated.  Great memories for sure!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »
I can't stand it any longer.  While living in Montana I was elk hunting in the Little Belt Mtns. and was to meet up with my hunting buds at 1 p.m. on the other side of a mountain that we had been glassing elk on every morning.  I choose to be the one to hike up the mountain and meet them on an old service road our maps showed.  As I made my way up the day got hotter and hotter and the climb turned into a real ordeal with a granite rock slide I had to negotiate.  By the time I made the top it was past 80 degrees out and being the woodsman that I am I didn't have a drop of water with me.  I knew I was in real trouble from dehydration but had to keep moving.  The top had been timbered and I found a logging road going the right direction and was making my way but was getting pretty sick.  I came to a fork in the road and stopped for a breather and looked up and down both directions.

I bent over at the waste trying to keep from being too sick when a voice behind me said "What are you doing?"  I nearly jumped out of my skin!  There was this old guy standing there looking like he just stepped out of the hills prospecting for gold.  He had a pack slung over his shoulder and was wearing bib overalls and a flannel shirt.  I asked him if he happened to have any water and he pulled a mason jar out of his pack and handed it to me.  The water was warm but it was water and I gulped half of it fast.  I handed it back and he grinned at me and I asked if he was heading my way and he just said "nope".  I turned and started walking and just wanted to say thanks again and turned around and there was nobody in sight!

I walked out and met my friends and never mentioned this to them until sometime later.  It was sorta spooky since he wasn't carrying any weapon and there are no homes within 15 miles in any direction from that spot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©