3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strange or Unexplained  (Read 12445 times)

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strange or Unexplained
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2008, 03:49:00 AM »
I shot at a big bear; and made what looked like a good hit. I started tracking it at night; and a short distance from the shot found the back half of the arrow and took a picture. It rained hard and I never found the bear.

You tell me what this is ??  
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »
Whump Sez; What kind of camera are you using? If it is 35mm film it happened during processing of the negatives or when they printed the picture. Since your entire picture is not over exposed I would say a screw up in the processing. If it is a digital camera your guess  is as good as anybodies. Hunt safe.   :confused:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »
You had your finger in front of the lens, and the flash hit it.

Killdeer  :rolleyes:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Falk...  that statement  (or whatever a Bigfoot might want to do) scares me more than being eaten !

I think coming up with a way to communicate would be awesome.  Maybe get him / her to let me in on some of the best huting areas in the neighborhood.  Talk about original "Stump Sitters".
ChuckC

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
I'm with Killdeer - that sure looks like a finger to me.  If not that then something else was hanging down in front of the lense.  Failing that - you say it was raining - maybe thats a result of some bit of your camera being wetter than normal.

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »
The flash caught a raindrop passing in front of the lens? Lin
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
The Ghost of Christmas Past??   :knothead:    :knothead:
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
whump- it is a digital camera... perhaps indeed the picture is too   :rolleyes:  me thinks Killy is right. I can experiment and find out..
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
As Killy says.  I blev dats a lef-han pinky fingar!

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
Whump Sez: I will vote pinky finger now too---I am glad I didn't say it was a protoplasm vortex!

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
?Any of you guys ever have anything strange happen while hunting that you just can't explain?"

Well yes -- everything I actually manage to kill something!
  :biglaugh:

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »
Whump Sez; Ok ----"3 Red lights in the pasture" besides I have a headache from reading the cougar thread.  Several years ago my brother-in-law and I  made a trip up to the barn to shoot rats with 22 pistols. We would shoot a while and stand outside and let the barn quiet down for a while. It was a little foggy that night.  During one of our secessions outside my friend pointed out some pulsating red lights about 300 yds away coming down a rd just like a car with the headlights out. Now we were behind a locked gate and a fenced pasture so no one could get in there without tearing something down.  You could see that the lights were on the back of something at the time as they were shielded. As the lights approached we could see across the end of this thing now and the lights were clearly visible going on and off pulsating, but we could not see any particular shape of the object they were on.  The object turned and went across a ditch that was straight down about 10feet deep, at this time we both realized we were not looking at a vehicle such as a car or truck. Now at this point the object was only about 70 yds from us but moving away very slowly.We also never heard any motor noise of any kind. I hurried off the hill we were on, climbed in and out of the ditch and walked toward the last position of the lights. When I arrived there was only black angus cows herded up and they scattered a bit as I walked in between them. We rode the perimeter of the place and looked for any sign that someone had driven through the fence and could find nothing. We both are still scratching our heads about this one. Hunt safe.   :confused:

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
This is a great thread...but I was all pumped to go out solo in a few weeks and now I'm ..well not as much so. I might start a thread about solo outings that didn't scare people.

On the owl stories. The husband of a friend of mine from HS was in a tree. Think it was morning but he was fully camoed and head net etc. If you've seen an owl fly you know there isn't any noise so without warning a big owl basically removed his eye. He managed to climb down from the tree and find his buddy to help him get out. Guess the eye was there but can't see much after it was repaired. Guess that speaks to the wiseness of doing a solo hunt also.

Keep 'em coming.
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
TTT
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
this has been some fun reading

Offline cohutta orange

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
This HAS TxAg been fun. Anyone else? Not while bowhunting just camping, sleeping in just a mummybag under the stars with a .22 pistol in my boot beside me. I ended up waking up to a cold nose on my face grabbed for the pistol and it wasn't there. Grabbed the flashlight and a coyote had been inspecting me and knocked my boot "holster" about 5 yards away from me. The next morning I found tracks all around where my bag was.
Shoot straight and keep the heads keen

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2010, 03:58:00 AM »
:rolleyes:    :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:    :rolleyes:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2010, 04:01:00 AM »
I grew up coon hunting back in the mid-80s there was real good money in hides. Ever so often we'd hear stories of one thing or the other. Ghosts and such. I asked grampa if he had ever had a experience like that. he said no Really nothing? No son and I can prove it...How grampa? cuz we still go huntin, if I had something like that happen I wouldn't go anymore......LOL
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2010, 04:06:00 AM »

lets not forget fred eichlers video.  that was pretty freaky and makes you wonder.i recently ran into this giant by mount st,helens as he was just doing an autograph session.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2010, 04:24:00 AM »
ok ok ....a while back i was guiding bowhunters in the eaglecap wilderness.one of the wranglers and i had just gotten back to camp after running feed for the horses to one camp.we were sitting around the campfire in the middle of the afternoon.the wrangler wanted some pointers on bugling bulls so i got my bugle from the tent and walked to the edge of camp looking down towards the river below us.around 100 yds away.i bugled once and was immediatley answered by a roaring howling type of call.it was no elk.was no cougar or bear.i cannot begin to say what it was.it scared the hell out of both of us i do know that much.i bugled at it two more times and we heard rocks hitting rocks in the water and on the shore.we got the guns out just in case but nothing happened after that.we were pretty jumpy for a while.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©