3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strange or Unexplained  (Read 12449 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strange or Unexplained
« Reply #200 on: September 02, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »
PAPA BEAR that was about as chilling a story as I've read on here.

I found myself asking the question.

"How long would it have taken me to pack up camp?"

I mean if something makes me want to pick up a firearm in the middle of daylight, I most likely won't be sleeping there that night...lol

Thanks! I think...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: September 02, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
This is one cool thread.  Never met the Booger Man, but I can tell some of ya'll have...
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Flesner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
Back in the mid to late 60's a cousin (Mike)and I decided to do an overnight campout on the back part of our farm. We were about 9 or 10 yrs old at the time. That part of the farm was "wilderness" to us two boys back then. It had a large creek running through it and plenty of non tillable property to explore. Even back then there were stories of cougars and bobcats floating around. Being close to the Mississippi river bluffs and the limestone caves that are in them made these stories believable enough for young explorere's to give our campout an edge of "danger". We fire up the old Ellis Chalmers tractor, hooked up a hay wagon and head for the "crick". We have a pup tent and some blankets, fishing poles and a 20 ga. shotgun.
We catch some small fish for supper and get a fire going.
It's not long before we get each other spooked from telling stories in the dark around the fire. We finally get in the tent (with the 20 ga.) and try to sleep.
Sometime later we hear the most god-awfull screaming coming from across the creek and up the holler aways. We can't tell how far but it ain't far enough for us and sounds like it might be closing in. It stops and starts every few seconds. We get out the flashlight and shine it around but seeing each others expression in the light just scares us more. Mike finally talks me into firing off a round out of the 20 ga.
The noise didn't stop right away but it did taper off and stop after a minute or so.

The next morning were up pretty early and thinking we should maybe get packed up to get back to the house. After some discussion our nerve got a little stiffer so we took a peek up the creek aways to see if we could discover the source of all the cammotion in the night. We took along the 20!
We weren't finding any conclusive evidence of maneating cats and had traveled almost to the neighbors fence at the far back part of the farm.
Suddenly we heard some feeder lids clang shut across the fence and realized Joe Walsh had put sows in his timber to farrow and the screaming we heard were hogs fighting!!

We just gave each other that "look" and busted out laughing. We still laugh about it.

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
Papa Bear,
Do a search online for " The Colorado Howl"..
It is a recording of a possible bigfoot/sasquatch or something in the mountains of Colorado, the San Juans I think.
I don't know how to post links here but it is available somewhere if you search it.
I'd like your opinion if the sound you heard was similar.
John
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline FrankM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
OK, my turn.

First one. I'm with my dad and brother driving through Mississippi. I'm ten years old. I see this ape-thing off in the distance. Bent down, scooping water from a crick and drinking. I tell them I see a Bigfoot and they just laugh. I find out later that the North American Ape is different than Bigfoot. What I saw was apelike, so I was mistaken at the time. I saw a Nape!

Second one. Me and the wife are camping on Palomar Mountain in San Diego/Escondido. We were with another couple. They left after the first night. That day was uneventful. But later in the evening, I felt as if we were being watched. This lasted all evening. My wife felt it too. We decided to hit the hay. But I kept my pistol handy as we went into the tent. Finally, we turned off the tent light-thingy and laid down. No more than 5 minutes later we hear something two legged running at breakneck speed right through our camp. We got out and looked. Nothing. We figured it was an illegal alien or something. Guy sure was fast,and his feet thumped the ground. Later that night, I had to make a nature call. When I got out of the tent, without my flashlight, I noticed how dark it was. I could barely see. Then I started wondering how somebody could run full speed through the woods on this moonless night. Hmmmm.

Offline FrankM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Third and last story. Not mine. My brother was an Army Ranger. He was stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA in the 70's. Parts of Ft. Lewis are "old growth" forests that they seal off. Every 20 years or so they open up one area and close another for trainning. So they just opened this one area and the Rangers go on patrol. He said they found a spot to lay down an ambush and were hiding. Then they heard this loud crashing noise. Something was coming! They saw this huge manlike shadow at the top of a hill! It was bigger than any man, and my bro is 6'3" and 225 at the time. They were all scared cause they only had blanks. So what did they do? They lit off their rounds full auto! LOL. That thing took off like a banshee. Then they looked at each other and said stuff like, "I didn't see nutin". Reporting bigfoot is a career-killer. LOL.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
sendero...the call was similar at the end but the start was very deep and roarlike with a howl sound at the end.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
Thanks Papa Bear,  I appreciate your opinion.  I'd like to hear something like that sometime...but not too close!

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
whatever it was it was pretty close.i can take ya up there for a looksee if'n ya wanna check it out.  :readit:    :D    :D  ....i can also show you a cave up on the mountain where something with black hair lives.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
If I could get away, and afford the trip, I would take ya' up on it!
I'm a "closet cryptozoologist"..I've always been fascinated by strange animals that live where they shouldn't be!  I've had a few strange occurances here in Floida, we call it the "Skunk Ape"..
Thanks again Papa Bear
John

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
A few of those stories will get your attention for sure. I had a experience leaving the woods one afternoon after deer hunting. As I was heading out of the woods I was near a swamp area just off the river bottom. I had a wierd feeling not sure what it was and I heard someone call my name so clear "KERRY" I turned to look thinking my brother in-law was coming and did not want to get shot. I called back yeah over hear nothing dead quite, I started moving a little quicker and got a really strange feeling again and then just a cool rush of air and then gone. This was late afternoon late August no cool air in South Carolina this time of year. Never saw anything just a strange experience.
USMC 82-86

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Here`s one. Not scary, but strange for sure.

It`s the last weekend of September 2006. My oldest son`s very FIRST bowhunt. It was the youth hunt here in Michigan. The law was recently changed and it allowed those ten and up to bowhunt. He was eleven at the time. He got a jump by one year.

In the predawn darkness, we were preparing to "hit the woods". Normally, he has little to say...choosing to listen. This morning was different. He had been bowhunting many times before, but only as an observer. He was talking non-stop. I loved every minute of it.

Everything was ready, and we were about to walk to our stand. It was DEAD silent, and I told him to come closer so I could help him get his "hunter" orange vest on. "Do I REALLY have to wear an orange vest?" he asked. Knowing that "bowhunters" try very hard to hide.

Suddenly, from the darkness behind us, a deep voice answered his question. "YES you do!!!"

Even I was more than a bit startled. It was a Michigan Conservation Officer...doing his job.
Talk about SNEAKY.

After checking his license, he wished us luck as he walked away.

We saw only a noisey opossum that morning. But my son remembers the handshake...and the booming voice.

Where he came from, or where he went, I truely don`t know.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
I love this thread, and I read almost all of the stories here. There are some very good story tellers in this group, that's for sure. I really enjoy reading about everyone's adventures, mishaps, and strange happenings.

I think that since you all have been primed already by the Bigfoot encounters, strange "Lights", and possible UFO stories, you may be ready for mine now?

The one thing that was missing from almost, but not all the stories was picture proof.
Well, I have it.

I'm not going to try to explain it much once I post the picture, but I will give you all the background info leading up to it and some of the really strange happenings on this certain lease of property that we enjoyed for 15 years.
The picture itself is un-explainable. Believe me I tried, and others have tried. I even sent it to a paranormal investigator in the state of Missouri who used it in one of his books. My story has it's own section dedicated to the information I gave him along with the picture.
I also sent the picture to several paranormal/extraterrestrial oriented websites and they all come up with nothing except theories, yet no one has been able to just explain it away as natural phenomena or man made.

The photo has been examined by several experts that all determined that the picture is not faked, nor photo shopped, or tampered in any way from it's original form. Natural pnenomena like ball lightning and swamp gas has also been ruled out. No swamp gas, because there is no swamp nearby and the location was actually atop a ridge on our property.
Headlights have also been ruled out due to the lack of roads in the area. Planes, helicopters, ect. are also impossible because of the dense tree canopy surrounding the area.

Have I got your attention yet?

There's more background stories to tell before you get to see the photo.

To be continued.................
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Uh oh! We're being "Lambed" with this one...lol

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
No Mudd, I'm not trying to rope anybody in with this one. It's the honest truth.

Let me start by saying that "Weird and Strange" things have happened to me off and on my whole life. At times it seemed like I was a magnet for it? My older brother has had some experiences, but nothing like I have, but at least he doesn't laugh at me when I tell him something that other people would laugh at.
Sometimes just simple things like when I lived alone and nobody was ever inside my house but me, the remote to the TV or VCR would come up missing and be gone for maybe a week or more. Then about the time I would just consider it gone, it would just show up on the arm of the couch or the kitchen table in plain sight like it had been there all along.
Keys were a constant battle to keep track of, as well as scissors and cell phones.
Simple small things that just made me scratch my head, but yet too obvious to just pass it off as coincidence.

With that piece of info....here's my story.

This particular piece of property is pretty isolated from anything. It's at least a mile off the nearest paved road and the only way in or out is through an easement road that's always muddy with big pot holes and ruts. It only gets traveled by people who hunt back there. There is one other farm behind ours and those guys come in and out during hunting season, and maybe an occasional guest that drives back to their place and that's it except for us.

I don't know much history on the property except that there was an old colored man that live there some years ago and everybody who ever knew him just called him Willy. There was a house there that I suppose old Willy lived in, but it must have burned down because all there was left was part of an old foundation.

I bought an old camper for $200 bucks that I hauled to this property so I would have someplace to sleep when I would go there to hunt. I stayed in it almost every weekend, sometimes for 3 days if I could get off work, and it was like my own little paradise at the property. Peace, solitude, and most of all quiet and no people around to interrupt any of the above.

I noticed almost immediately that there was something a little off or just different about this place. It almost seemed like when I was there alone, no one around but me and nature.....I never quite felt alone? Not really like I was being watched, but like there was a presence there that was constantly around me? It's hard to explain because it's more of a feeling than anything else.

Remember when I said that I had a hard time keeping track of things, when I knew exactly where they "Should Be" but they weren't??
Well, that behavior started up almost immediately with me staying down there by myself. There was something there with me, and it was mischievous. Not only did things constantly keep disappearing like my hatchet that I used to split kindling, my camo jacket that was on the bed in the camper that ended up underneath my truck, and the keys the outhouse door which always hung on a hook inside the camper door.
But also  whatever this was liked to play tricks on me.

I awoke one night from a sound sleep to something very loud. I don't know what the sound was because I was sleeping so soundly, but it was so loud that is certainly had to be inside the camper with me! I didn't have electricity so I grabbed my flashlight and looked all around, but didn't see anything at all in there with me. I finally just convinced myself that it was just a raccoon or something that must have jumped off of a tree limb and landed on top of the camper.

Since I was already awake, I figured I might as well heed the call of nature before crawling back into bed, so I slipped on my boots and headed for the door. I grabbed the handle of the door, turned it, and to my astonishment the door wouldn't open? I thought.....that's strange. It only locks from the inside and not the outside unless you use a key, which I haven't had since I bought the camper. So I tried the door again, this time putting my shoulder into it and I couldn't budge the door! It felt as if something had barred the door from the outside?
I started to panic a little bit and yelled as loud as I could for whatever had locked me in my camper had better let me out!!
Then I tried the door again....still would not budge. I even tried putting my hands on the counter top and jumping into the air while supporting my body on the counter and mule kicking the door with both feet....nothing!
That door wouldn't even creak, groan, rattle, or crack.....it was as if it were made of solid steel welded at the seams??

Now I'm really freaking out, I realized that I'm stuck inside the camper, I have to pee, and I'm pissed because I have no idea how I'm going to get out of here. The windows are tiny and I'm big, there's no way I can fit through one of those. So it's either get that door open or claw my way through the ceiling?

I lit my lantern so I would have some light to work by and started digging for any tools that I could find. I finally came up with an old roofing hammer....the kind with the little hatchet head on one side and a flat face hammer on the other, and a screwdriver.

I managed to take the door knob off and went to prying at the plunger, but still couldn't get this damn door to budge!
By now I'm sweating, I'm tired, and I'm mad. I've tried my best to be sensible about this, now it's time to end it. Luckily I always kept a loaded shotgun on the spare bed inside my camper and I have some 12ga. slugs in one of the drawers, so I loaded up 3 rounds of slugs.
I put in a pair of earplugs that I also kept in one of the drawers for when we target practice there from time to time, and proceeded to shoot the hinges off the camper door.
It took 6 shots from point blank range to blow enough holes around those hinges so I could finally kick the entire door off the frame!

Now that I'm out of my prison cell, I look all around outside the camper, around the area with my flashlight and there is nothing out there, but the crickets chirping! Needless to say I didn't get anymore sleep that night!

I stayed up sitting by the campfire watching it burn until it got daylight enough that I could look around my camper real good for any signs of mischief. I couldn't find one single track, nothing to block the door with, not even a blade of grass out of place except for the ditches in the dirt that my 1oz. slugs carved into the ground as they exited the camper door.

True Story.....all of it.

This has gotten so long that I will post my picture in another reply.

Offline L. Bullington

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
You got my attention bud!

Maybe this will help...  :coffee:  

Now get on with it!  :goldtooth:

Offline L. Bullington

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Oops! a little late!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Now that you have some background on my experiences at the property, this is a few pictures of the weird and unexplained that I caught on my Moultrie Game Spy camera. This camera was placed on a trail in a small clearing that's situated in one of the thickest, most dense places on the whole property.
I put it there because that's where I planned to hunt on opening morning of rifle season.
I figured that a Big ol buck would be using that trail as an escape route when the shooting started and it would lead him right into my lap.

The camera is digital 8 mega pixels, and it was set for high resolution, 3 shot burst mode.
The time stamp is screwed up on the pics, I got the AM PM backwards. The pics say 7AM but it's actually 7PM. These have not been edited at all and are completely untouched just the way they were taken. You all can make up your own assumptions, I know I sure have!

This picture is the one before the Ghost Lights picture that was taken just seconds before.

This is the picture of the Ghost Lights. I have no idea what they are, but they are both in motion and moving in different directions from each other.

This is a picture of a big doe that I included for referrence so you all could see how high up these lights are as compared to the height of the deer's back. I'm guessing that it's up around 10-12 feet or so?? Hard to say.

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2010, 11:20:00 PM »
Spooky!
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
Well, maybe I just took the weirdness level up a notch? Anybody care to comment, you won't offend me......I just wanted to share something with you all that you may never get to see in your whole life. I only call them Ghost Lights because I have no idea what they could be and they look kinda "Ghostly" to me. But they could be paranormal, or extraterrestrial?? I haven't any clue.

Incidently, I contiued to stay at that hunting property by myself all the way up until we lost our lease this past February. I was determined that nothing was going to run me off and ruin my little piece of paradise there that I loved so much. So I fixed the camper door, this time with a padlock instead of the door handle, and stayed there every weekend all the way through hunting season. The weird occurances continued on, but nothing like that night when I was locked inside my own camper.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©