3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strange or Unexplained  (Read 12440 times)

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strange or Unexplained
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
This is strange.. I took this pic myself with my own camera.  Even I didn't notice until a week or so later when putting them in my album.  In August 2008 I went Antelope hunting in SD and did a bit of sightseeing on the way home...
On my honor this is NOT photoshopped..

What do you see in the granite to the far left side of Washington's face...???

"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
SEMO Hunter, I think the "ghost lights" are flying insects very close to the camera at the time of the second picture.  Probably attracted by the first flash a few seconds before.

But your camper cell story...   :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by Braveheart Archery:
SEMO Hunter, I think the "ghost lights" are flying insects very close to the camera at the time of the second picture.  Probably attracted by the first flash a few seconds before.

But your camper cell story...    :scared:      :scared:      :scared:  
That's what I was thinking.  That camper story is freaky though.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
My Turn....I was out hunting some state land and as darkness came I thought well I'd better get down from my treestand and pack up cause hunting time was over..As I was getting my Summit stand together I heard a "Hello" from what seemed like it was coming from  the bottom  of a little hill I was on near a little stream...I thought Ahh it's just my imagination is all and next thing you know I heard "What are you doing" Hello! I looked as hard as I could for a light from the voice and I said Hello back..The voice started to laugh at me and said plain as day, " What are you doing"? I started to get worried cause the voice was of a women so I started shining my flashlight down the hill but nothing...I thought maybe there is a lost women back here and can't find her way out...I looked around for awhile and nothing or nobody so I started to head out the woods on a fast walk and heard the "Hello" again and thinking whoever is calling me is now following me...As I came out to a field and got some deep breaths I decided to wait and see what or who was in the woods following me ...Hmmm I thought better make a B line straight to my truck so as I reached into my pocket to get my keys I noticed I had my cell phone in my pocket also and I then figured out I somehow called my sister in law by pushing the send button when I was packing my stand out...So I called her and she just cracked up cause she said she heard some leaves crunching really fast and couldn't quite figure out what it was comeing from....   :o

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by John3:
This is strange.. I took this pic myself with my own camera.  Even I didn't notice until a week or so later when putting them in my album.  In August 2008 I went Antelope hunting in SD and did a bit of sightseeing on the way home...
On my honor this is NOT photoshopped..

What do you see in the granite to the far left side of Washington's face...???

What are we supposed to be looking for? I only see another president's face carved into the stone. Are you referring to Washington's left or the left side of the frame?
I don't see anything??

Help me out a bit.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
I think I see a naturally occurring face in the rock to the left of Washington.

But I have a very vivid imagination too!...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
Looks like an Alien!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Keefer:
some sort of Alien "kind of like the president we have now"....   :readit:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »

Offline machomanandysavage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2010, 01:38:00 AM »
Some good stories on here! I just spent the last hour half reading all 16 pages and the cave story. Here's one that happened to me a few years ago.

I had decided to take off work for the opening day of bow season. A reoccurring theme I seem to have going is either not being able to find, forgetting, or having the batteries die in my flashlight. This day was no different. It was morning, couldn't find the light, decided to just walk back to my stand in the dark. I get situated and prepare for the hunt. It's probably a good half hour before first light, and still pitch black and quiet.

All is well and very quiet. I sit for probably a half hour, half asleep, and the first gleams of sunlight start appearing. Suddenly, my tree starts shaking and the all hell  breaks loose above me. Leaves flying, branches breaking - I about jumped out of the tree.

What was it? Mountain lions? An earthquake? Tree-swinging saquatches? Aerial hippie tea parties? Unfortunately no. A whole flock of turkeys had decided to roost in my tree and all get down at once! Almost had a heart attack but I still get a chuckle just thinking about that one.
"Aim small, miss small"

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2010, 06:16:00 AM »
looks like a grey alien face outline.

Offline wildcat hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
We live in Bedford County, PA. There are no cougars in PA ( so the game commission tells us ). My wife walks/jogs every morning and this morning last year she had a cougar cross the road in front of her. Great thing, a neighbor on his way to work also saw it and brought her home, needless to say she was a bit shaken up. She now walks with a neighbor woman.

Offline wildcat hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
One more, while bowhunting several years ago I got to see a hawk chase a squirrel, The squirrel was going around and around the tree and the hawk was flying around and around. The squirrel then went into a knothole on a tree laying on the ground and the hawk landed at the hole but could not get in. They never saw me.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I see an Ape like face to the left of Washington in the lines of the stone. Reminds me of the Apes in the old movie "Planet of the Apes".

Keefer, that phone story was funny!    :laughing:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Landshark160

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
About time to bring this back to the top.  Anybody got any new experiences to add?
Chris
>>>>--------------->

The benefits of a big broadhead are most evident when things go wrong. - CTS

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »
I had a bit of quail feather tied to a string on the tip of my bow so I could check the breeze.  One morning just as the sun was making an appearance a owl swooped down and tried landing on my bow tip while trying to claw up the feather.  I don't know who was scared worse when he realized I was sitting there.

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Love this thread.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline KodiakMag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
I got one.

2 years ago I was in the stand. 5-10 min left of shooting light. I am on the edge of this bean field in an oak. There is a farmer's trail between the bean field and a cornfield about 125 yds North West of me. This car pulls in and drives down the lane. Stops and turns the lights off. I see som weird strobe thing. I (having undid the retention strap on my .45) got down and walked to me car. Keep in mind I am walking parallel with the lane and didn't see this car pull back out. I decided to drive down the lane and see what was going on. Went down the lane and no car, no fresh tracks. I got the &^#$ out of there...still believe it was Aliens. No joke.
55# Kodiak Mag

"Stay calm, Pick a spot."

Zwickey, the 1911 of Broadheads.
->>>-------->

Online Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
This is a fun thread!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
At camp my wife has quite a few humming bird feeders, and she has 20 to 40 humming birds. A couple of times I was shooting off the deck and had humming birds land on my bright orange feathers lol.

Once when I was at full draw a hummer tried to land on the arrow that was I was going to shoot. That jumped me, to have a hummer right up in my face buzzing away like a giant bumble bee lol.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©