3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Strange or Unexplained  (Read 12435 times)

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Strange or Unexplained
« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
I was at a stop light waiting for the signal light to change to green so I could go one early morning when I notice this Squirrel busting down the side walk like it just stole a stash of Acorn Nuts from a nearby "tree bank" and he jumped on to this tree and went straight up at super sonic speed with the after burners on..Well here comes this full grown man chasing him and he also grabs hold of the tree and starts to climb and noticed I was watching from my truck window and the man let go of the tree and walked away..Now I've seen squirrels go up a tree after a Nut but I never seen a Nut go up a tree after a squirrel till that day...True story...   :laughing:

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
If you found this on your trail cam, would you quit huntin'?

"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: August 10, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
That aint even funny Danny!
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

« Reply #243 on: August 10, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
nope just hunt harder...

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: August 10, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
Ah come on Danny,

It's already become a bit unnerving to walk into my stand knowing that there are more bears in our woods than there are deer.... Now I gotta be worried about this thing too? The fact that we're both in NJ doesn't help!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
That's something I found on the NJ Hunter site. The guys were having alot of fun over it. Maybe somebody's huntin' too close to the Nuclear Power Plant?    :laughing:

It's gotta be a spoof. The guy claimed it was taken on a trail cam in South Jersey. Photo Shop?
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
40 years ago I was a young lad & this was the first year I was allowed out flounder gigging by myself.  I was 15 years old and was in Murrels Inlet, SC.  

I was a little turned around about 1:00 am when I saw the flying saucer.  There was no doubt in my mind it was saucer shaped alien craft with lights blinking.  It was coming closer.  

I had just about given up all hope of seeing the sun one more time when it flew over my head.  Now I'm sure, I mean absolutely positive it was a alien craft.  I saw it, it was there.

As it went overhead I realized the blinking lights sent out a message.  

It was a small airplane pulling a lit up sign saying "Eat and Nance's".

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
And New Jersey wonders why it has this rep.

Killdeer   :rolleyes:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: August 10, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
danny
would that be the jersey devil?

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: August 10, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Might be. The Jersey devil is supposed to be in the Pine Barrens I believe, which is S.Jersey.

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
Huh, I've seen the same picture Danny I was told it came from Athens co. Ohio goes to show how stuff like that gets around.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
I'm planning a 2 week camp/hunt in Ohio, my home state, this fall. I'd rather it stays in Jersey!   :scared:

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: August 10, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Good deal best of luck to you hopefully it will render a few stories explainable or not.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
I see that some of my relatives still live in Jersey.  Say hi' to old uncle Hilmore next time you run into him, he has been a little cranky since his funeral.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
In my opinion to the far left of Washington is an "alien" carved in the Granite...  I took this pic and thought maybe it was my camera. I have checked other "online" pics and see it as well in these...
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
When I gun hunted I shot a really nice 8 point a 138 which is nice for my area of WV. I shot him broad side a 30 yards with a 280.He went 30 yards.
  To this day I have yet to find a hole in him. After skining we never found a hole. Only deer I EVER KILLED THAT HAD A HEART ATTACK. My friend still rib me over it. But he's on my wall.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Offline iron_llama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
A few years ago I was hunting javalina outside of Tombstone, AZ.  I was hunting a creek bottom and came across a trail with some hot sign on it, so I followed it out of the bottoms.  I followed the sign to the top of a small mesa and saw the tracks disperse where the animals got off the trail and just foraged all over the mesa.  The sign didn't look as good up there as it had in the creek bottom so I cut around the base of the mesa for any other trails I could set up on, without any luck.  I finally got back to the trail I had come out on and backtracked my sign back into the creek bottom.  About 15 feet into the tree line I saw rather large paw prints on top of my footprints.  I backtracked myself for a good mile or so and the cougar had been following right in my footprints at least that long.  I say 'at least that long' because I didn't follow any further- I beat feet to my truck, drove to Safeway and bought a cougar tag.  I didn't plan on hunting mountain lions, but if I saw one following me, it was damn sure going to die.  And yes, I always carry an N-frame .357 when I'm out hunting.  

I wound up shooting a nice sow a few days later, not far from the trail to the little mesa.   I never saw another paw print for the rest of my trip.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
john3 , i found the alien....which number president was he?

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
The one we have now Kuch!   :biglaugh:       :jumper:    :laughing:

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:00 PM »
Landshark...I figured it out FINALLY!!!!! In the fog you knocked the arrow BACKWARDS and shot him that way......he merely thought the arrow was going AWAY from him and paid it no mind. Man, glad I could be here to figger' it out for ya'!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink-wink...lol....
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©