3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell Wool  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell Wool
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
I got one of them this winter.  I wore it all season and had lots of close encounters with no problems..  love mine.... evening stand... warm and quiet...
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
That little delta plaid in the zipper looks like a winner.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
I believe the key to wool is it's ability to defuse light and it's quiet.  I've got some Gray Wolf woolen camo (they're sponsors here too and it was out long before Theresa was putting out her wool products) and it's great stuff too.  I think the plaids with some light colors are better than the darker ones for more all around use.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Here is a nice pic of Roger Norris wearing one of the Asbell hooded vests.  He blends right in...

Notice the GFA quiver too.  I gained an appreciation for this quiver watching Roger use his throughout the hunt.

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline Jayb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about some wool pants! There was another thread about wool pants that literally don't cost an arm&leg that made me check their website for some.  Someone should nudge,wink-wink...Teressa about doing cargo (lots of pockets) wool pants  :)
Black Widow PSA II #52 @ 26"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
I use both commercial camo and Asbell wool. They both can be very effective. I like layered wool, because here in the South, it may be very cold early but get quite warmm as the sun comes up. The layers make it easy to adjust. Granted, you can do the same with commercial camo, but somehow wool is just more "cool".
Sam

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 02:50:00 AM »
I had an antelope this week catch me standing up in the middle of the sage brush.  I  froze to see what would happen.  He walked 150 yards right up to me, checking out that sweet camo.  Asbell wool is good stuff.
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
I use Asbell wool almost exclusively. Teresa is a pleasure to work with and has made some xxxx large stuff for me.
Don't forget to order one of the windbreaker vests. It is good for another 20 degrees 8-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »
Biggie mentions the windbreaker vest....it absolutely works. I spoke with a fellow in Idaho last week who wore one. He says it is invaluable when using a quad to get to a hunting area. It cuts the wind beautifully.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
I'll second or third on the windblock vest. Light, soft, quite, and works. Everything I've bought from the Asbells has worked great and sold at a fair price.

Offline KSshrewman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Try **** or woolrich.  Woolrich are grey only but pretty nice.  Camo/plaid wool pants are hard to find.
Shrew Classic Hunter
Javaman Elkheart
Javaman Helms Deep
Gill Snakey Self
Ben Pearson Colt
Swiftriver

PSALM 5:3  At Daybreak Lord,You Hear My Voice

Member "Kansas Coffey Club"

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
Just got a pull over for my birthday in August and I can't wait to get out and try it. Sounds like I'll be purchasing the wind blocker too, thanks guys!
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
If you have a trail camera, walk in front of it in low light so you get the black and white photo.  Stuff like Mossy Oak looks like one solid color, no pattern, plaids show up as plaid patterns and not a blob.  ASAT looks just like tree limbs in low light black and white and believe it or not so does Columbia's dark green wool camo, it  looks like ASAT in a black and white photo.  If deer see only black and white,  whose high dollar camo patterns are solid colors to them.
lll

Offline stickbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Couple of questions. 1) In their info section "T" says "They're generously cut to hang loose", so If I normally wear XXL can I get by with a XL and just a light undergarment ?  Usually I wear a few pcs under in layers but what I want is more just a Lt shirt type pc.....2) are all garments available in all patterens? I want a Little delta plaid in the hooded pullover and a Shadow plaid in the Mac...Does she do that? I've been unable today to get ahold of her...thanks. Also If I get the one Pc in  Xl shoul dthe XXL be big enough to get over it in ayers?

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
Bill ,
 I'm 5'11" AND 265# +/- A FEW and XXL is a good fit with just enougth room for something under it...I wear a T-shirt and a lightweight longsleeve pullover to shield off the itch with a coller to protect my neck and have good room to move around without feeling bunched up...Now the hood will fit 4 of "Biggies" head and then some...You could wear a 10 gallon cowboy hat under it or use it as a backpack/backpouch to carry a critter out of the woods if need be....  :biglaugh:  I recommend you get the zippered model or at least a 1/2 zipper if she makes one...

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
I don't think there is any better "camo" in the goldenrod.

" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by stickbowhntr:
Couple of questions. 1) In their info section "T" says "They're generously cut to hang loose", so If I normally wear XXL can I get by with a XL and just a light undergarment ?  Usually I wear a few pcs under in layers but what I want is more just a Lt shirt type pc.....2) are all garments available in all patterens? I want a Little delta plaid in the hooded pullover and a Shadow plaid in the Mac...Does she do that? I've been unable today to get ahold of her...thanks. Also If I get the one Pc in  Xl shoul dthe XXL be big enough to get over it in ayers?
Her wool is cut a little loose on purpose. I am able to layer some things nicely if I need to. I am pretty sure she will make any of garments out of any of her patterns. She is very particular about the plaids lining up with her specific patterns though.

I have only spoke to her once since I got back from Idaho, and when we talked she told me that she was busier with new orders than she has ever been. I will try and contact her with your question today.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline stickbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Thanks Roger, I work today so wont be able to try her at all....for now just probably looking for the Little Delta Plaid in a hooded pullover XL or XXL....

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Howdy Stick....I spoke with her, she said she sent you an email. She should be able to take care of both of those garments for you.

That Shadow Plaid will be great in a treestand....good choice

G. Fred Asbell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©