3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Excessive face paint make a better hunter?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Excessive face paint make a better hunter?
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
You always do a bang up job with your pics Killie.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
I wear a black or od green bandana but Im not afraid to paint my mug if its too warm out. I can see the funky patterns being fun though. Id wear any camp pattern you wanted me to if Im getting paid to hunt and not work a real job.

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 01:29:00 PM »
Spent 15 years in the infantry.  Yup, face paint can make the difference between getting killed and living to see another day, for you OR the other guy.
Personnaly, I like face paint or net when ground hunting.  In a tree, not so much a problem.
I do still watch some of the hunting shows and enjoy them for their enthusiasm and comaraderie.  Everybody has to make a living somehow... why not have fun doing it?  I see nothing wrong with many of these shows.  Some are over the top though and have lost their respect for nature... and their appeal with me.  Just my lil' two cents worth.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Oopsey... personally... not personnaly!  Didn't take my Geritol this morning, LOL!
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline Jack Ripper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:
I wear a black or od green bandana but Im not afraid to paint my mug if its too warm out. I can see the funky patterns being fun though. Id wear any camp pattern you wanted me to if Im getting paid to hunt and not work a real job.
The man has a good point there.  :thumbsup:
Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the war room.

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:
Id wear any camp pattern you wanted me to if Im getting paid to hunt and not work a real job.
OK that trumps it....I Acquiesce!!
   :notworthy:
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Scott Beitzel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
personally i wear paint sometimes a little sometimes alot guess it depends on what kind of time i have while getting ready but i only travel a few miles to hunt so no drive bys in the truck with feared motorists lol.
i like it it seems to keep the skitters at bay while in the tree i've tried spando flauge and it works but they still bite my ears and such so it's paint for me and this post reminds me time to order another gallon of green black and brown lol.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©