3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoffman Tire Tread Pac Boots  (Read 482 times)

Offline Keuka

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoffman Tire Tread Pac Boots
« on: August 10, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
I'm looking for a pair of rubber bottom hunting boots with soles that offer good traction yet flexible enough to feel sticks before you break them. I'd like to find high quality leather uppers and rubber bottoms.
Have any of you tried  Hoffman boots with the tire tread? Is the tire tread worth a damn or do they slip on wet leaves and mud? I'm a ground pounder and I hunt fairly steep ground.

Offline smiley

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoffman Tire Tread Pac Boots
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »
never heard of them.But a name like Hoffman you can't go wrong .Ain't that right Biggie    :bigsmyl:
Wayne A Hoffman

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
best boot I've ever had as far as ground feel was the LL Bean Maine Hunter, but the treads sucked. apparently Maine is flat. LOL If they would change the tread slightly it would make a huge difference.

Maybe you should try them. They have a %100 guarantee, and trust me they stand by it. If you don't like them, send them back no questions asked.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Fallguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
I have not used Hoffman Boots, but I know Lineman that have their winter pac's and they speak very highly of them. I have not had good luck with chain tread type sole for traction. It comes down what your prioritys are, traction or quiet. The best for traction that I have used are the bob soles.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum  Conservationist

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Man you jumped on that too quick smiley, better wait and see what the concensus is :-)

Wayne K. Hoffman
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©