3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: opinions on knee high rubber boots  (Read 635 times)

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
opinions on knee high rubber boots
« on: August 11, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »
the last 7 or 8 years I have worn nothing but rubber boots for hunting. No one can convince me there is any other way to go. In the fall I like the insulated models, usually 1000 grams. My problem is, EVERY pair I've had, from cheep to expensive, has eventually cracked open just above my big toe. I must walk funny. (insert your joke here) Sometimes I get a couple of seasons out of them, sometimes it's been less than one season.

Which brand of knee high rubber boots have you had good luck with as far as durability?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: opinions on knee high rubber boots
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »
I got mine at Tractor Supply about 10 years ago and still wear them every day I hunt. I might replace them this year though, I'm tired of the green color.  :)
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
i got a new pair for this season at Bass Pro, neopreme uppers and rubber bottoms........

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
I hear Muck Boots are the cats pajamas. I think I might even get a pair this year. Tractor Supply carries them out here in Sopranoland.

Online Guss

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
I really like the Muck boot. They fit well and are comfortable even if you walk alot. Jr.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »
Servus Northern Trappers, keep clean and store in a cotton bag (GI Laundry bag) out of sunlight, they last for years.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
Another question for you...
I have steered away from full rubber boots because there is no way they can breath, so isn't it like wrapping your legs in plastic bags?  Seems like they would be uncomfortable when you get sweaty.
Thanks, Dan

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
OconeeDan, I wear either wool or some other wicking material sock. When I take them off my feet are dry. I don't run marathons in them, but normal walking has never been a problem.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Muck
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
I've worn LaCrosse Burlys for years and am still wearing a pair at least 5 years old.  I wear them hunting, scouting, hanging stands and bowfishing, so they're no babied.  Noticed this year that they are now made in China, so I figure a new pair might make it thru a season.     :(
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
I like the LaCrosse also, the noninsulated ones. My feet sweat enough as it is.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I have had a pair of the plain jane Lacrosse boots for years. A couple years ago I bought a pair of the 2000 gram thinsulate rubber boots from Cabelas. Their not bad but a little bulky. I have been thinkin about gettin a pair of Mucks for the upcoming season. I want something that doesnt have a boot sole. the one thing I like about the cheap lacross boot is you can feel the ground.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
bbassi-Where do you store your rubber boots? Rubber should not be stored near an electric motor. The ozone given off by the motor will cause the rubber to break down and crack. Hap

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
I have had my Muck Boots for a couple of years now and the only problem I have is a small tear on the upper portion of the boot. They are still waterproof and very comfortable.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
I have the Red head version that are camoed. I think they were $40. I've worn them for 4-5 years. The camo material is trying to come off a little but I'm not in a fasion show so it doesn't matter to me. They are big enough for a couple pair of wool socks when its realy cold. I have used other boots in the past but these keep my feet the dryest (with the right socks) and warmest. If I'm going for a longer walk then I may go with another type boot but since I bought these I havent needed others.
Jason Lester

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 11:12:00 AM »
Brent,
Mine are 4 or 5 years old, and as far as I know they are still in good shape.  I think mine are Rocky brand boots with 1200gr of thinsulate.  I'm with you on wearing rubber boots.  I believe you leave less scent in the woods.

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
I bought a pair from Rocky when they were still in Nelsonville, Ohio.  They have the zipper side and are great for ease on and off.  They go bad I'll have to look some where else cause I don't buy Mexican!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Lacrosse    :thumbsup:

Kamik boots are supposed to be a great boot. Are brothers to the north would know. I haven't found a dealer here . They make a rubber boot similar to the Mossy Oak boots by Lacrosse
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline BUCKY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
I have Cabelas comfort tracs. I have the 800 and 2000 gram. They are comfortable and durable.

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
I wore knee high LaCross or Northerns for years but now,,,,Nothing but Muck boots! Mine are on their 3rd season with no leaks even with a few briar nicks in the neoprene.They are durable and light, I found them at a local farm & feed store.Several different styles and temprature ranges available, also camo or non-camo.
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©