3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever wonder how you look in the woods?  (Read 672 times)

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever wonder how you look in the woods?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
Lance someone had photos on here the other day in B&W and I thought they looked very cool but yours with the period looking attire and trad longbow really sets the stage for them pics..

we need some full period camp photos with some game cooking over the fire..  always wanted to participate in (or set-up) a 30's 40's style bow hunt camp for a week--> someone should organize something and the only modern tool allowed is those B&W cameras,, or a real 50's style camera if someone has one???

nice pics--Ted
"Us vs Them"

Offline upatree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
Good topic with hunting season here for some and around the corner for others.  

2 pics of a friend in a stand.  There blury but give you an idea of a grey scale.

Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
That stand looks way to comfortable, I would fall a sleep in that  :) .
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Offline donw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
that's enuff to make a person wonder isn't it? personally, i believe camo is a current 'craze'.

all one has to do is look back at some of the MANY photos available of bowhunters, fred bear being a prime example, to see camo was NOT used that commonly prior to the vietnam era when camo clothing came available from milsurp sources.

i think there's enough success stories from today, that will support that MOVEMENT, SMELL and HEARING will be more critical that actual color/pattern of clothing.

i read recently that some biologists now believe that SIGHT is the first line of defense for many if not most animals; they SEE MOVEMENT, they HEAR MOVEMENT and they catch odors on the wind. basically, they, as well as us, can see farther (the antelope is reported to have 10x power vision as an example) to spot potential threats. MOVEMENT not color/pattern is key.

pigs are a perfect example: when rooting, they see more than they smell, and they may still see more than the can hear due to the noises they make while rooting.

color... you don't wear a white shirt in dark wood environment, pattern... you don't wear stripes in a polka-dot environment... movement, you don't run madly about do you? hearing...you don't have your MP3 turned up on full volume do you? and smell, you shower and keep the wind in your face don't you? they all do add up but we must make the best of what we know to make it work.

very interesting topic. lots of good thoughts and info.
i was told by a sales person, when purchasing an out-of-date newpaper that it was out-of-date...

i told her "i've been told i'm out-of-date, too"...

does that mean i'm up-to-date?

Offline cdworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
lance you look like aragorn!  :archer:
C.D.Works

Offline tradwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
i read that deer see yellow and blue hues. I know that my lily white face shows up at least 800 yards away if its moving.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
Hmmmm. I love gray, and believe in its efficacy. All them deer up in my neck of the woods are gray...

I refuse to think about it any more. Just lazy I guess. I will wear whatever is clean and keeps me comfortable.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline upatree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Coop:
That stand looks way to comfortable, I would fall a sleep in that   :)  .
You will fall asleep in it.  I did!  :thumbsup:  

$100.00 for the stand and it has a big platform on it.  I video'd my friend that day shooting his first buck with a bow about an hour after that pic was taken.  :)
Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
I've got a good idea, probably just as smelly to a deer.  Trail cam photo after mowing the field on my suburban honey hole.

LOL.

Offline Legolas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Lance,
Grey has nothing to do with your pictures- you are just showin off your flowing locks and your handsome face   once again...  see  Ron LaClaire's site.

Why don't we ship you to Hollywood.

:bigsmyl:

Legolas
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©