3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any PICS of TD Widows with No Sharp Corners or Edges?  (Read 149 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Any PICS of TD Widows with No Sharp Corners or Edges?
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
Hey all,

I saw a bow on here that someone posted a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful, maybe one of the prettiest Widows I have ever seen.  It was a TD Recurve, I don't know which one though.  The thing about this one was that the "corners" or "edges" on the front of the riser were "rounded" off or smoothed down.  Man it made that bow look so much better to me.  I didn't think they would do that, but evidently they do.

I'd like to know if any others out there have Widows that have been made with this feature.  Have you seen these mods and if so, what do you think of them?  Does it make the Widows look better or worse in your eye?  I'd like to see more pics of Widows like that, especially some full length pics.  The ones the new owner posted recently were close pics and didn't have any that showed it strung up.  It sure was a beauty, I know that much.

Before seeing that Widow I hadn't really wanted one that bad.  Sure I'd like to have one, but it wasn't at the top of my list.  Now, boy I tell ya I am really wanting one just like that one posted with that "rounded" profile on the riser.

What do you think?

Thanks

Nalajr

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any PICS of TD Widows with No Sharp Corners or Edges?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Not sure what you mean??  My widow from 18 years ago is smooth and rounded- no "edges".

Be curious to see this post.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »
I noticed that bow too. You are not imagining it. I thought it looked nicer as well.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Online Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »
You might try contacting Bill Kissner here to see if he has a photo of the Widow he bought a year or two ago.  He had it custom built to minimize the "horns" on the back of the riser, and I like it better than any I've ever seen.  It's deadly on elk, too!!!
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline COMBER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:00 AM »
Search ONESTRINGER in the member section of POWWOW and check his out. That's one awesome looking Widow.
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:36:00 AM »
Have to agree....that's the nicest Widow i have ever seen.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 08:07:00 AM »
A few years ago Onestringer had a Widow made with the "horns" rounded off and knocked down a little. I liked his bow so much, I called the guys in Nixa and requested the same. I love the look too.

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
I hadn't really thought about the horns on the riser but I guess I am partial to them, I like the looks of the standard riser better.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Ahhh.  I see
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
I'm with Crash on this. I like the way these bows look with the rounded edges, but the "horns" are part of what a widow is. I feel the same way about the red stripes, just part of what drew me to them.  No right or wrong answer. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Exactly, no wrong answer.I like the reverse horns.Especially in the PA series one piece bows that are aesthetically very beautiful .The rounded edges do have appeal as well.I like the reverse horned look on Bear Kodiaks,Super kodiaks and Bighorns as well.Its the Classic 60s look in a recurve.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
I like them all!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©