3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Charlie Lamb Book  (Read 617 times)

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Charlie Lamb Book
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
Nothing yet here.......still waiting......

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
I think I was early on the order list and I don't have it yet. Good things come to those who wait...
David M. Conroy

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »
Mine's been ordered a while now. It'll be a teasured book. I'm a "book person" anyway and feel privileged to get this one.
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
The book is sold out!  I'll be watching for the next release.

Congrats Charlie for selling out the first run!!

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
Got my order in a couple weeks before the announcement was made that they were sold out.  My PayPal account was billed so I'm assuming I have a copy coming.  I'm really looking forward to reading it.  I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
putting a book to bed in it's final stage can be a daunting task...

I'd trust Charlie with a lot more than a price of a book... it'll make great snowbound reading this winter or whenever it shows up!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Got my order in a couple weeks before the announcement was made that they were sold out.  My PayPal account was billed so I'm assuming I have a copy coming.  I'm really looking forward to reading it.  I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
Cant wait! I was lucky enough to be the 1st one to respond to the thread and order the book!!!
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
I have never seen guys on here so negetive.   :readit:    :notworthy:     I for one would be glad to wait as long as it takes and will enjoy every word.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
K.S.

i don't think anybody is trying t rush Charlie, at least it doesnt appear...the post was an inquiry as to progress.

I sent a check for the book when it was announced, and to this day I have not received confirmation of my order or that the check was received, or any information as to completion or shipping...had to rely on my bank notifying that it was cashed....

I along with others have spent a considerable amount of our hard earned money to support this project...and I don't feel it inappropriate to be wanting to be kept informed as to its status and progress.....

I understand it is a tedious process....but as the consumer and purchaser of the product, I/we have the right to be informed.....I didn't see anyone upset or rushing Charlie...merely a question as to progress...which is certainly our right.....

Lee Vivian

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
:archer:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
:archer:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline eminart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by K.S.TRAPPER:
I have never seen guys on here so negetive.    :dunno:    

I bumped this thread just because I'm looking forward to reading the book. Not negative at all. I was just hoping somebody would say they'd gotten theirs and I could be expecting mine any day. Not complaining or trying to rush anybody.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
FYI guys... the book (now "A Bowhunter's Tales") is in the hands of the printers as I write and has been for a week and a half.

I am working closely with them to make this book as close to perfect (technically) as possible. All I can say is it is very close and they'll all be going out as soon as I have them in my grubby little paws.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
WOOO!!!  HOOOO!!!!

:jumper:      :jumper:      :jumper:

Being on the list for this book feels about like being on the list of a trusted bowyer....

You know it'll "get done when it's done"..
but you can't help but get anxious when the time draws near.

Thanks for your effort Mr. Lamb
   :archer2:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
No worries, Charlie.   We'll wait.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline eminart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Charlie Lamb:
FYI guys... the book (now "A Bowhunter's Tales") is in the hands of the printers as I write and has been for a week and a half.

I am working closely with them to make this book as close to perfect (technically) as possible. All I can say is it is very close and they'll all be going out as soon as I have them in my grubby little paws.
Nice! So, I should finish the other 4 books on my nightstand I'm reading..............
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
X2 to what Mr. Baker said.  No problem waiting, I know it will be good reading!
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »
This book will be well worth the wait (even though it's been a short one so far...)

You guys should go to "Memorable Hunts" and read some stories, it will kill some time while we wait.    :campfire:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©