3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just one bow? or many?  (Read 734 times)

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just one bow? or many?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:00 PM »
Too many!  :biglaugh:

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
I love bows and kinda collect them.I started out as a one/two bow guy pretty much along time ago.I was tight with those 2 bows.A longbow  and recurve.I got deeper into it and  usually have around 10 bows and buy, trade and sell them as a hobby more or less.I enjoy them from a aesthetic,artistic and functional standpoint.I shoot all the ones I have descently.Just Before hunting season starts and until the end of hunting season I am pretty much a one bow guy though.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 01:49:00 AM »
I have about 4 dozen and probably ought to sell some.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »
Never too many bows or guns ,fishing rods. If I had more money 4x4 trucks.ect ect. I have two that I can shoot good any time and two more that takes me maybe five minute to remember how they shoot. I sometimes use one bow in the morning and another in the afternoon.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 05:47:00 AM »
Did that very thing this year. have owned many different bows but when it came time to hunt always ended up shooting my Wapiti made by Kieth Chastan. this spring started trading ended up with 3 wapitis 2 62" 52@28 and one 58" 54@ 28. all have the same grip and shoot the same arrow set up.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
I have at least 24 shooting bows but when I hunt it's my St. Joe River I grab. Best shooting bow I ever had.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
I am following a one bow a year buying policy.
They are all from the same bowyer though

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
I have numerous bows but tend to hunt with only a couple. But, as for selling off the others - NEVER. The only bow I ever sold off has turned out to be the bow I handled best and truly wish could be purchased again.
Sam

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
I only have one I shoot regularly but I do own quite a few.  I hate selling them honestly but need money in a pinch I'll let one go.  

I would recommend if you find a bow you like trying to get a 2nd or 3rd as backup!  I have 3 all the same.  Learned a hard lesson after my last go to cracked....trying to jump into a replacement a month before a sheep hunt can really sap ya when they shoot nothing alike!

Offline akaboomer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
I have just one. I have had more than just a couple, but when my first daughter was born and had long stay in the NICU money got tight. I sold all of them. I was able to buy the "one" back. I shoot it better than the others. Of the ones that got away my Crow Creek Black Feather is missed most.

Now I am in no financial position to get another. I have considered offering a custom knife or two in trade on the classifieds but don't know if that would work.

Chris

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
I have 30 some bows, but I make sure that I concentrate on shooting one certain bow for the last couple months before hunting season and I always have a backup that shoots just the same.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Mike Theis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
I have many - like potato chips - you can't stop at just one.
If man were to know everything in advance, there would be no such thing as adventure!

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:40:00 PM »
thought about it but they all shoot so good and have there place.  the titan is just a nice shooter then very accurate for 3d shooting and hunting.  the hunterbow is just a really nice tree stand bow for me and I seem to shoot it the best out of the tree stand there for its my main hunter,  the omega is a power house and also very accurate and can go both ways.  IDk just like them all to much to let them go lol.  I just stick with my main bow i intend on using. like lately the hunterbow has been the only bow I really shoot besides me taking out the titan the other day. when summer comes around its all titan for the most part.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Hill Halfbreed
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »
I've widdled down to two styles of bows...  Big Jim and Jim Reynolds (Thunderchild and MOAB).  I've got several Thunderchilds and two MOABs...  They are the bows that fit me the best, and I've got a variance of weights for different critters I take after... All shoot very similar to each other so switching between bows isn't a problem.
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
I believe if you have good form and your bows are tuned well you can shoot many different bows.

Offline daniel boon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
I had an even dozen, a full bow rack. Want another one, so I sold one to make room,and another could be going shortly.
 The other day was in the shed, and for some reason made another bow rack?  :dunno:

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
I own 3 bows now:

- A Caribow Peregrine
- Another Caribow Peregrine
- A Whippenstick Phoenix
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Most I have had at once was 6. I was really only shootig two of them. I have spend a good part of the year figuring out what fits me best and what I prefer in weight, length and bow design.  

And by nature I do not keep things around that do not get used very often. Im not a collector, nor do pretty things keep my eye for long. I am more of a utilitarian type.

I have settled in the very mild D/R bows with narrow limbs and deep cores.  With that said I have sold off all bows ( NM whisper is for sale) except for my NM superior and my Earl Hoyt Trophy longbow. Both 66" one 55 and one 56@ 28".
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
I only ever shoot one bow at a time.    :D  

I went maybe 10 years with the last bow and I'm into the third year with my current shooter.  I think it's not a bad idea to stick to one for six month prior and all during the deer season - but that's just me.  ;-)
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©