3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RineHart Target repair  (Read 258 times)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
RineHart Target repair
« on: September 30, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »
I have a shot up target by rinehart that I need to fix.
Does anybody know where to get that repair kits?
I am thinking about the stuff you mix up in a jug and pour into the cavity of your target.
I am open to suggestions or ideas. Don't really like the "Greatstuff" option tho.
Thanks

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: RineHart Target repair
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
I did a search(I know,should-a-first) and now I have 2 additional questions.
1) 3D country is what I was looking for,are they still around? any contact info? The web address I found was no good.

2) Does Great Stuff work that good? I see a number of you use it. I would think it would be a crumbling mess after a few shots.

Thank you,
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
Chuck...do you have one of their targets that does not allow the purchase of replacement insert or section?  I take it the way you are looking to fix is a lot less $?  If you find what you are looking for and it works good, I'd be interested in knowing.  I have one that I can replace the center insert that is need of replacing but if I could repair it...I'd give it a try.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
Repairing them with Great Stuff doesn't hold up for very long....you tend to shoot through it pretty quickly.  The cost of the pour in stuff kind of turned me off, but I wish I'd have done that instead.  

I ended up separating my hog target into 3 pieces and am working on shooting those to death now.     :bigsmyl:
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
Yeah, GreatStuff foam was a waste of time for me too.

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
The GREATSTUFF works ok if you cut up an old intertube and put the 2" rubber pieces in the shot-out spot. Once I fill the void with the cut up rubber I will put duct tape around the target and poke a hole for the GS. I will then add the GS and the extra will come out of the one hole instead of all over the place. Once the GS is dried I will paint the target. It's not perfect but it will rejuvenate the target for about $10.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Chuck, I completely shot through two of the small buck Reinharts in about 8 months, just me shooting them..  The first one is in little pieces and trashed. The second is still standing but the insert has a 6" hole in it..

I am in need of another.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
If you go to Wally world or search the internet look up Yoga blocks... You can get different colors on the internet but Wallyworld has a 2 pack in purple or blue for $12.oo and change.. The blocks are about 4"x9" x11" and you can just cut the bad area out in a rectangler shape and use plumbers goop that is waterproof to glue in...Plumbers goop is about $4.00 something a tube also and you might have it in wallyworld but I get mine at Lowes...The yoga block is as dense and feels just like the rineheart material and can also be used for quiver hood foam...

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Keefer has got it.  That is the best patch material there is.  Works like a charm.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Steve. I have a standing bear target that I can replace the vital core in. The target is about shot through top and bottom though. I am thinking I would like to heal it up into a solid target to get a few more years out of it unless I can devise a way to make solid and yet maintain the option to replace the core.
Or,
I may have 2-3 smaller targets like some of you guys now have.
Thanks for the replies. I would still like to find a supplier for the mix and pour stuff.
Anybody?

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
Chuck,

I just sent you a PM with a link to a place in Idaho. Hope this is what you were looking for. I didn't post the link becuase they aren't a sponsor. Let me know if the link helps.
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
Got it John. Thank you.
Thats the stuff I was thinking of.

CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Thank you to rest of you that replied as well.
CTT
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©