3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leashed dog tracking also in Central AR  (Read 160 times)

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Leashed dog tracking also in Central AR
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »
I will also be taking calls for leashed dog blood tracking with my dachshund Chowder.  I don't charge anything for this, just enjoy tracking, want to get him on more blood trails, and help folks recover deer.

This is Chowder's third season and he has found 4 of 4 deer in his first 2 years.  I can travel to a 1 hour radius of Benton/Bryant.  If your hit is questionable, it's much better not to disturb the track & give us a call!

My cell # is 901 619-8377- leave a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I work a full time traveling  job and hunt hard too, but I will try to take every available track.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline kansas stik man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leashed dog tracking also in Central AR
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
thats awesome i have two mini dachs and one of the two is a sniffing machine.  i meen he never quits if the ball is hidden visual shuts off and he starts sniffing away.  ive wanted to make a squirel dog out of him.  you should tape a tracking job and post it.  watching dogs work is pretty awesome stuff to watch.
JD EVANS
------------
KAW RIVER KNIVES

STICKS AND STRINGS, A SIMPLE STEP BACK IN TIME!!!

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
Buckster,
Tracking with Tilly & Cash (my Dachshunds), I find it as much fun as hunting.  It's also the Only time my wife enters the hunting woods as she enjoys seeing them work too! tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Jerold & Jeffrey,

Thanks for your responses.  I think that's a great idea to try & get Chowder in action on his next track!  Yes, watching him work a track is almost addicting as the hunt itself!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline kansas stik man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
yea im sure it is i got my start in the hunting world coon hunting with treeing walker coonhounds.  starting at 4 years old and trying to keep up with my dad and uncles it was kinda hard at some points but man do i love the sound of a hounds bay!
JD EVANS
------------
KAW RIVER KNIVES

STICKS AND STRINGS, A SIMPLE STEP BACK IN TIME!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©