3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Huntmore vs. Waldrop pack seat  (Read 506 times)

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Huntmore vs. Waldrop pack seat
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by German Dog:
So where do you get one of these Waldrop seats?
Check out this thread:  http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=120150#000000

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
Hey Jon,

I'm 6'3" and love my Waldrop seat.  It's very light and extremely comfortable.  The angle of recline is perfect for me, and you have the ability to lean it against a tree or use all of the legs like a chair.  It's very well built.  

The ease of use lets me be very quiet when setting up and I can be as mobile as I like with no trouble.

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
No input from tall hunters on the waldrop? I was chosen for the pass around on the huntmore from Onion on here. And, I can tell you, it is too small. The center bar is too close to my man goods. And, it hurts to sit in it for more than an hour or so. It almost feels like I am on a kids bicycle seat. And, for any of you that havent riden a bike in years, give it a try. It kinda hurts!

Jon

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
I am a touch under 6"'2" and weigh 250#. I like my Waldrop seat. For ME it is not a seat that I can stand directly up from, but then I have bad knees. It does require some thought during set up as it is a fixed position seat, so turning to shoot to your strong side is not an option....at least not for my aging body!!  :)  A very comfortable seat for me as I fell asleep in mine last spring!
I looked real hard at a Huntmore and may still pull the trigger on one, but if I am groundhunting, I am doing so to be more mobile and with the Waldop being so light, it is the way I decided to go. Both are well made, but I do like the fact that the Waldrop is made in the USA!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
My knees are also shot.....I don't try to stand from the Waldrop, I just rock forward to shoot and it seems to work.....at least in the yard! And yes, you can fall asleep using it!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
I've owned both and kept my favorite...

The Waldrop seat took my vote and keeps me in the woods and comfortable at the same time.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©