3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cresting Machine  (Read 252 times)

Offline elkslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Cresting Machine
« on: August 11, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
I am noticing that lots of people are wanting cresting machines. I made one from a used sewing machine motor and a dimmer switch in a switch box and then used a piece of tube to hold the arrows and a V block from florist foam. Mounted it all on a board and I am into it all of 18 dollars. Good luck and don't buy what you can make for cheap.

Offline Biff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cresting Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
Elkslayer- plans for that cresting machine have been on this site for years. Many of us use just such a machine. Thanks for reminding others what the could build.
"In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you haven't had a chance to meet yet!"

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Yeah I saved a sewing machine motor with foot pedal variable speed control for the same reason.  I had plans of just mounting a drill chuck onto the shaft to hold the arrows though and probably an offset dual bearing rig in place of where you installed your v-block.  Same principle and very good use of what ya got on hand.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline elkslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »
Well I was looking at the classifieds and they are a dozen people wanting one and I just was thinking like you have said I saw it on here maybe they did see it or missed it. I saw my grand father use one many years ago and I got the idea from him but I know I have seen the same thing on here as well.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 06:26:00 AM »
I think it's great when guys are innovative enough to build things like this and it's gotta be a good feeling to use same but remember this, if we don't support places like 3 Rivers and all the others, they'll go out of business then we'll be crying that there's nowhere to buy stuff for trad bowhunters.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »
Been there Elkslayer!! I just recently Splurged and Bought a Nice "Phillips Cresting Machine".   :cool:    Very Nice Machine, Money well spent I think!   :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »
If I can make it,,, I won't be giving up my hard earned money to keep anyone in business.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©