3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: quick question for fellow ground hunters....  (Read 133 times)

Offline Kamm1004

• Trad Bowhunter
quick question for fellow ground hunters....
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
So I built a shredrock style homemade ground blind that i really like. Today was opening day and I did see a few does but not the bucks I was after. I had turkeys at 3-5 yards right in front of my blind so thats good, only thing is they were acting funny like they could almost see me. My shooting windows feel kinda big so I want to cover them with "shoot thru" mesh to hide myself completely. My question is, does this effect accuracy and performance with traditional gear not being as fast as compounds? And how far away do you have to shoot when shooting through them? can you have you arrow right against almost touching it?  Thanks guys, your advice is always the best!
Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and your bow and go out into the open country to hunt some wild game for me.- Genesis 27:3

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: quick question for fellow ground hunters....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »
I dont know about the mesh but i would wait and see what the deer do. If you had turkeys that close you shouldnt have any problems
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: quick question for fellow ground hunters....
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
keep in mind the animals KNOW when something dosen't belong in there environment (IE:) shoot thru mesh etc. etc. I dont know anything about Shedrocks ground blind, but the ones I make are all made of the native surrounding foliage, such as limbs, brush, etc. etc. what I like most about the ones you make out in the field, you dont have to pack them in or out!!just a small folding saw.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©