3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ok I just gotta know  (Read 680 times)

Offline NO SIGHTS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ok I just gotta know
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
I hunt with my wife every year.
In fact she is gonna be 6mos pregnant this year and that is not gonna to hold her back from bringing down a monster whitetail we have been watching for awhile. We hunt from the ground.
She shoots wheels for now but that is on the change for the future.
I'm just blessed to have met such a woman.
I hunt just like the men who walked the trail of tears.

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
My wife doesn't and I think she likes the time to herself when I'm gone. My mom goes with my dad and sits in the woods with him. My brothers wife also doesn't hunt with him but does call him 500 hundred times while hes out.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
My wife took up hunting this year and killed her first deer opening weekend with a great double lung pass through. No photos here though; it wasn't with a trad bow. But as anyone who's seen me splatter the photos all over my Facebook page can attest, I'm very proud of her.

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
I am pleasantly surprised so far of the number of wives who accompany their husbands into the woods either to hunt or just spend time with them...keep it coming!!!
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
My wife hunted with me for 17 years, never pulled the trigger or dropped the string but enjoyed every minute of our time in the woods.

I told her shooting was optional on a hunt. She said she would only shoot a monster buck. She had one chance over the years but her seat squeaked when she turned to make the shot, the buck quickly thought of other places he would rather be.

I knew I had a winner early in our relationship, she held the light while I field dressed a mess of a gut shot deer and wasn't turned off by the experience at all.

Age and health issues keep her at home now.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
My wife used to hunt every time I went (gun or bow). But with knee and ankle replacement and back surgery, not any more.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
No way no how would my wife hunt with me. She isn't an anti by a long shot, but sitting in the woods waiting for game isn't her cup of tea....and that's okay.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Mine doesn't care to hunt at all, but really encourages me to hunt, even take time off work to do it!! I'm good with it!  :goldtooth:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
Not only does my wife hunt, she's better at it than I am.  Not that that is saying much.  I just went trad and haven't convinced her to get rid of her training wheels yet, but I hope that if she sees me get a couple with my recurve, she'll decide to give it a try.
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
She won't hunt or camp out. She will sometimes come to the camp for an evening meal but that is about it. She won't even try shooting the bow in the back yard.  Maybe I haven't been trying long enough to persuade her. After all, 39 years isn't all that long.
Sam

Offline TNtrapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 10:41:00 PM »
I guess Im lucky. My wife hunts about as hard as I do. We don't hardly ever get to go together....we have 4 kids and somebody always has to stay home when schools out. I like to hunt the mornings and she likes to hunt the evenings better. Kinda works out good for us. Shes taken some nice ones over the years....but I still cant get her to field dress one! HeHe!
Shrew Model T Carbon 64" 50@28
Hoyt Dorado 50@28
"Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah."  Psalm 55:7

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
My other half kills more deer than i do every year! Lol she is still in the training wheel state, but none the less she LOVES  hunting.  i would post a pic but most of them that i can access have a pink wheelie in them, and thats not allowrd.

Sure is nice having onr that loves it! Just cuts into my hunting time dadgummit. Lol
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
I got one.  She loves it.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
Doesn't hunt, but loves the outdoors, canoeing, camping, snowshoeing.
Always comes to see when I get one and do the camera work. Not interested in watching the surgery though.
Loves the wild game meat too. Pressures always on when I'm out a lot and not making it work. Definitely shares in the disappointment of an empty freezer.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
My wife is an avid hunter and after 35 years, she is still my best huntin buddy
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Very few where I live.  My wife will shoot a bow though.  I can see her sharing a trip as long as it isn't too "campy".  She's going with me this weekend while I'm in MD for sika but we have some cozy accommodations.  She's doing it for the solitude.

I am not complaining one bit about having her kitchen skills available.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline NEB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Mine would go if there were no guys in the camp.  When we were younger we hunted together often.  Now, she either stays home with the kids or I take them to the camp.  We will slip away as a family toward the end of the season when noone else is hunting.

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by bow loving man:
how many of you out there have a wife who hunts with you or ladies, you hunt with your husband...
My wife says it is not common... I say yes it is...
Lets hear from ya a pic would be encouraged!!!
No matter how ya dice it, my wife dose'nt fit the bill. But I can tell ya, a few years ago, I was doing a tool run on a Saturday and I could'nt hunt. My son-n-law called said he shot doe. My wife helped him track it with flip flops on...lol.
Over the phone I coached him how to field dress his 1st deer.
Also, every year, when I gear up and head out. My wife says, "Hope you catch one"....
Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
My wife hunts with me. She even sold her compound this year becuase it was drawing dust in the closet while she shot her recurve.

It's hard for us to find time together though. I usually devote gun season time to hunting with my wife and sister.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
My wife's been shootin' for a few years now, even has 3 bows of her own. This is supposed to be her first real attempt at bowhunting, but she just doesn't get enough free time.

I had her shoot her broadheads and show me they were hittin' right.  All's good and ready, now she just needs to get out there.  It would really be great if she got one.  :archer2:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©