3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bob Lee Ultimate  (Read 203 times)

Offline Spinealigner

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Lee Ultimate
« on: October 02, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
I'm considering putting in an order for a Bob Lee Ultimate bow.  I did a search and can't find any info on this bow.  Any of you guys have any input?

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Lee Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
I don't know much about the Ultimate but I can tell you one thing the Bob Lees are up with the best!!!!!!!

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
My brother just bought one. He loves it and shoots it well. You probably know that it was awarded "Best Bow" in Bowhunting World Magazine. That says a lot when you look at the quality bows that it was testing alongside of.

I had a Bob Lee Signature Longbow built for me in 1994. If the quality of the Ultimate is like my bow then you have got a good one. That thing has went from Louisiana to Alaska and I have never had to have any repairs or refinishes done on it. Great bows and typical of the Trad Community - great people as well.
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
I have shot the ultimate.  I have been shown how they are made by JJ.  They are quiet and just a scooch faster than the regular Lee like what I have.  They are made with alot of mikarta which adds weight.  If you want a light bow this ain't it. If money is tight then the regular Lee can't be beat but if you have the funds and want a very quiet, stable and quick bow then go for it.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Knapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
I just ordered one and I do hope it is the Ultimate.  I will post my results when I get it.

Offline lilbobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
I have an ultimate 58" high grip, 42 @ 28: Very nice, shoots well, hits were I'm looking when my form is right. I'm very satisfied with it, the weight makes is more stabile and it really slings and arrow. The bow is worth the price in my book. I've been hunting with it the last couple of days and it handles well, it even has some scratches on it.
Conny

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
Haven't shot an Ultimate, but a good friend of mine has one of their "lower end" models, if any of his bows could be considered low end.  It is an outstanding bow.  I currently shoot a red wing hunter from the early 60s and it shoots incredibly at nearly 50 years old.  If you are close enough to make a trip down to Bob's shop, I'd recommend it.  He wasn't there the day that I stopped by, but his son Rob and grandson JJ were and they are two of the finest guys you'll meet.  If I ever have a chance to get a custom recurve or longbow, it'll definitely be a Bob Lee.
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
i have a few bob lee's and I love everything about them. I have a envy longbow and a bob lee hunter. and i also have the new heavyweight recurve, I love the heavy riser its just dead in your hand after the shot. Plus the added mass in the riser I really like I shoot better with a little heavier bow in my hand. JJ from bob lee is very helpful and will answer all your questions. I never shot the heavyweight before I ordered one, just talking to JJ he assured me I would be happy and him shooting one helped out. I think you would be happy with the ultimate, if you can I would shoot a Lee and see which grip is the best for your hand and I also got a recurve riser for my envy because I liked the weight of the recurve riser over the longbow, just a few options for you to consider. Love my lees
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline sbcss1rnc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »
Nice bow, really nice.
Broadheads made of powdered metal are playing make believe.

Offline Warchild

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
I shot the Ultimate at the Kalamazoo Expo this spring and really liked it. EXTREMELY dead in the hand and sufficiently fast. I like the new limb lock system. I had a Bob Lee Classic that I really loved. Good quality bows and great people to deal with.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©