3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What do you all put on your bows for camo tape/wrap?  (Read 401 times)

Offline Flying Dogg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What do you all put on your bows for camo tape/wrap?
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
I use the camo duct tape. The main purpose is to protect the limbs, not for camoflage as I think Aaron is looking at. The camo duct tape, unlike the cloth tape, is waterproof and leaves no residue when removed.

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 08:03:00 AM »
I had a set of the stretchy limb covers in snakeskin print for my longbow. I gave them to a buddy, they just looked too much like Rod Stewart's pants.

Now I use string wax on the limbs to knock the reflection down. Don't buff it in, just glob it on and smear it with your thumb. Rub it in with a cloth after the season.

String wax is such wonderful stuff. It has a zillion uses for the traditional archer.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline donnyjack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
I second the Limb-Skins, easy on easy off, protect limbs, and dont effect preformance.  What more could you ask for??   :thumbsup:  

DJ
Love Life, Bowhunt, Flyfish, and Play a Martin Guitar                        :thumbsup:

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
And mess up those perfect looking yew veneers that Wes used under the glass on my Mentor????...no thanks...but a good friend uses a couple of his grandson's brown and green crayolas to good effect..

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
I used to paint mine years ago. Have not done it in years though, and have never had an issue. Like someone above said though, if it has a high gloss finish I would probably put something on it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©