3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly Glove?  (Read 199 times)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly Glove?
« on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »
I bought a shooting glove a few years ago, it is a Grizzly Wolverine. The glove is deerskin with cordura nylon fingers.  I am in the market for another, and am having trouble finding them. Does anyone know if they are still made, and who may carry them?

If not, are there any other gloves that are similar that you can recommend?

Thanks,
David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly Glove?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
That is my favorite glove too, but they are no longer being made. Several vendors made them while they were in production, and the best ones had the brown nylon finger tips. Later, black nylon was used and the fit and construction were not nearly as good, but okay. The closest replacements are the Duraglove from 3 Rivers Archery and the Bearpaw Speed Glove from Kustom King. You might also look at the Black Glove from Kustom King.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 06:19:00 AM »
Dave, that was my glove of choice. I ended up getting a Speed glove a little stiffer and thicker and requires a break in period but a good glove. Bear paw makes a glove called the Black glove. It's a lot nicer that the grizzly but they fall apart in a matter of days.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
After liking but "losing" a couple Black Gloves in too-short a time frame (finger tips came apart), I did a mini fix to the second glove that still has it shooting for me...

As the nylon began to fray and pull away on the seams of the index and middle fingers, I put a thin bead of Super Glue down and quickly smoothed it (so I didn't glue my fingers to the glove!).

The loose thread of the nylon held to the leather below, and so far, a couple months later, the glove is still serving me fine.  Might be worth a try...
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
dave
i got one of those gloves at sawmill-show special
from alleghany mountain arrow woods--maybe they have them or know where to get one

http://www.arrowwoods.com/products.htm
Mike

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Those were great gloves, wish I'd kept a couple more for myself.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
I wish I had bought more Tim!
Joe, I will look at that glove, a friend of mine just ordered one.  
Thanks Mike, I'll give them a call.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Tim,

I think I bought one of the last brown nylon ones you had, and I bought several of the black nylon ones for various people, including a couple for myself. The older brown nylon one is my absolute favorite glove, and I use it with all my bows from mid-40's to more than 70 pounds. It is the glove that is the closest thing to a cordovan tab I have ever found.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Good info guys, mine is about ready to retire. I was wondering where to get another one similar to it, best glove I've ever used.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hawkeye:
After liking but "losing" a couple Black Gloves in too-short a time frame (finger tips came apart), I did a mini fix to the second glove that still has it shooting for me...

As the nylon began to fray and pull away on the seams of the index and middle fingers, I put a thin bead of Super Glue down and quickly smoothed it (so I didn't glue my fingers to the glove!).

The loose thread of the nylon held to the leather below, and so far, a couple months later, the glove is still serving me fine.  Might be worth a try...
I just glued mine Bro. we'll see how that goes. If it works I'll buy a spare, I wish they would resolve that issue because the glove is great.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:18:00 PM »
I bought one extra from Tim last year, also wishing I would have stocked up too.  My fab as well!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Yes, they were a great glove. The next best thing I've found is the 3R Duraglove.

Eric

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
I had lost my Dura Glove this summer while froggin and needed a replacement and didn’t wont to pay the price for a new Dura Glove. I order a new Bear Paw Speed Glove and it looks similar but the finger stalls have what it feels like where they sew the stalls at the tip and it keep the finger tips from going all the way to the ends.  This causes a 1/4” of the end of the glove to drag on the string at the shot.  Well,  after the Speed Glove came in I found my Dura Glove and I like the fit and feel much better.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©