3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell pullovers  (Read 423 times)

Offline Doeslayer_67

• Trad Bowhunter
Asbell pullovers
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:26:00 PM »
Im looking for honest opinions on these jackets. For one, are they itchy? I would appreciate any info and opinions. Victor

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell pullovers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
They are wool, so if you are prone to itchyness (is that a word?), then probably so. I have two, and I love mine.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
My three are pretty soft and good wool, so not bad itchy.  Wool bothers some folks more than others, but these aren't worn against the skin so it really isn't an issue.  My old one is my #1 hunting shirt and I bought another just a bit bigger so I can layer more under it.  I like them.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
After getting a pullover last year, I picked up a zippered one this year, absolutely recommend the zipper. The patterns work great in the woods and have deer look through me.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
I like mine a lot and I plan on buying a few more.  I don't wear
it next to my skin- I use it as a jacket.  I have an evening stand brown zip up and I have been wearing it every time I've been out- just adjusting base layer for temp differences.  The plaid patterns have been working very, very well and the zipper is
a great feature to help circulate some air when you are warm.
Do a search- there is a lot of people who really like these.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
I like mine. Soft wool. I wear it over a t shirt and dont find it itchy.

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
Long sleeves underneath, T-shirt in warmer weather or fleece or wool under when the temps drop and you're good to go.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Just like said above wear a shirt under it and your set. I just got mine this summer and worn it a few times this season. I love it! I just need to find some wool pants go with it so I can be deadly silent.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
You can't beat them for the price.  They are somewhat itchy.  You are not getting a product comparable to $300 wool jacket but you aren't paying $300 either.  Consider them a layer in your system.  Personally, I love mine.

That's me on the left.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I worn mine all elk season 21 days and love.  Wool is itchy but you wear these over cotton/what ever clothes so not a problem.  
Well worth the $$$$.
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
How are they sizing wise? Have been looking at them but would like to be able to use it both early and late season, as an outer layer.  Useually wear a large in sweatshirts and t shirts, and my coats and jackets are larges as well.
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by STICKBENDER98:
How are they sizing wise? Have been looking at them but would like to be able to use it both early and late season, as an outer layer.  Useually wear a large in sweatshirts and t shirts, and my coats and jackets are larges as well.
I wear about the same as you it sounds like. I have one of the asbell shirts in a MED. It is loose with just a light tight fitting top underneath. A tight top for a bottom layer and a fleece over that all under the asbell shirt is about it for me. I couldn't wear a bulky sweater under it. So I'd say if you want to wear quite a bit under it then I'd get a large. I like mine as a mid layer so the Medium is perfect for me.

Offline snakebit40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »
Sounds like I'm the same size as you. I got a large and its just a little bigger than I was expecting. But it leaves plenty of room to layer.I have to roll the sleeves back a little,I think the next one I get will be a med. She had measurements on th site too.
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 71@28
Big River 60" 59@28

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
The wool over a t-shirt on some of the cold mornings sure made last week hunting more enjoyable. I found a minor itch far less a problem than the warmth! Well worth the money! Maxx.
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
This is my fifth season wearing them. Wear long sleeves underneath and your good to go. I love mine.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I'd say they run about one size up since they're meant to layer. I generally wear an XL in everything. I did some research and went ahead and ordered an XL pullover.  I can layer under it nicely.

If you order one and it is a tad too big, put it in the dryer on medium heat for about 10 minutes. It will shrink it a little...gota be real careful, though.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
I like the evening stand greeen. It is itchy to me. I wear something underneath that keeps it off my neck and arms. Overall, an excellent buy in my opinion.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
If you wear them bare naked you will itch like a wild pack of hound doggies with a bus load of fleas...You need to wear something between your naked skin and the wool or else..In other words you need a "Barrier between your Derrier"   :eek:

Offline Doeslayer_67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
Thanks y'all, I ordered one today.

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Doeslayer_67:
Thanks y'all, I ordered one today.
You won't be sorry.