3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell pullovers  (Read 422 times)

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell pullovers
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
I tried one this past week end. I liked it a lot.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I may be "itch immune", because wool doesn't bother me at all. Any wool.

I am not sure how long Teresa has been making her pullovers, but I have been wearing them for what must be 10 years. In the course of that time I have become friends with the Asbells, and recently began selling thier garments on my website....but I am saying this completely without bias (I own lots of other wool)...Teresa's products are designed around the traditional bowhunter. Fred and others try out every tweak in her design before it is sold. But more important, she designs and produces her products herself, and likes to think of it as "working mans wool". She keeps it affordable, without sacrificing quality.

Teresa has all of the ability, and all of the equipment to sew more complicated, more expensive garments. But she won't do it. She truly enjoys putting out a quality hunting garment that literally any of us can afford. I'm not trying to sell you a thing. The selection on my site is limited on purpose. But DO support Asbell Wool. The Asbells are a great sponsor of the Tradgang, but more than that, they are a GREAT sponsor to traditional archery as a whole.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Kc kreger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
X2 on what Roger said!  I just received my first vest and will definitely be ordering another.  The next one will be the zippered jacket.

K.C.  <><
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
I have two and I love mine. Evening stand brown is the best camo...perfect for OCT and Early NOV. Once temps get below freezing you can add the wind barrier. When in the 20s on stand I go with lined grey wolf woolens.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline phil_des_bois

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
I use a short sleave Tshirt under and no itch at all! Love mines.

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »
I got one this summer and really like it.  And I'm glad I got one with a zipper.
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
I have Evening Stand Brown pullover and love it!

Roger,

Any update on those new patterns Teresa was coming out with that you showed us back in early August?  I sent her an email asking the same but didn't get a response yet.  Waiting to order a zippered jacket in the first pattern you showed hanging in the tree.

Any info if available greatly appreciated.
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
I have two of them. One with a hood and one without. I like both of them very much and highly recommend them. Since they are wool, you will need something next to your skin if you have a sensitivity to it. I have found them roomy eonugh to layer underneath without restricition of movement.In addition, you will find Theresa Asbell very pleasant and accomodating to deal with. Fred ain't bad, either, but Theresa is the "wool garment mama". Her prices are reasonable and her workmanship is outstanding. You may also want to consider a wool haversack as a very handy addition to your gear.
Sam

Offline sinawalli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Wore mine last weekend, it was 1C, so I put a light fleece with Gore wind stop under it, walked about a 100 yards into the bush, and had to ditch the fleece! Too warm! Went with a tshirt under it, and found it a bit itchy, but not unbearable!
That which doesn't kill me, will make me stronger!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©