3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tall Tines in the House!  (Read 289 times)

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Tall Tines in the House!
« on: October 09, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
I bought a stock TT recurve in the Sponser classifieds a few months ago.64" and 45#s at my 29.5 inch draw.Coco bolo Diamondwood riser with charcoal stripe and elk antler overlays,compass inlay.Black glass limbs with elk antler tips.I got it today!!!

Brian was accomidating and let me pay it off and I had the grip customized after seeing anothers customers grip pics here in POW WOW recently.Smaller throat,medium/low.Very shapely and kinda like a silvertip.The grip is awesome and fits like a glove.I had the grip checkered as well.I am Glad I did.

I have had a 60 incher in the past.This 64 incher is very nice and so stable and smoooth!!!I was hitting the kill zone effortlessly it seemed the 1st time out.

Its quiet,smooth,accurrate,dead in the hand,rugged,fast and the grip makes it so nice to shoot.The bow fits me perfect.I think its a keeper.Sorry no pics fellows.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tall Tines in the House!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Sweet , let's see it....
,,Sam,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Right at my specs.....   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  I bet that is sweet one, enjoy!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »
I have a 64" coming pretty soon.  I remember seeing that bow...his black limbs are sooooo classy looking.  Good call on the checkering too    :thumbsup:

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
You will like the 64" Steve,alot!
If you lived closer Ron you could come shoot it.
Sorry I cant post pics.I live in the dark ages in some ways still and that includes posting pics.

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »
I would love to see some pics.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
Well, Eric says he can't do pics.  Best I can do is put one together...

The riser looks a bit like this one:

And the limbs probably like this:

Mike Mitten picked up a new 62" with a compass in the riser when we were out there goose hunting with our TallTines this past weekend.  I'll see if I can rouse him up for a couple pics.  I did snap this one when he wasn't looking

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
I got three Tall Tines on the way , two 62" recurves and one 62" longbow , can't wait to get em. If they shoot the way I hear they do its gona be a fun next few weeks getting to know them , with my 30" draw I bet I end up with a 64incher or two. Congrats on your new bow.....
,,,Sam,,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
127#  WOW
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Yaa Steve thats my riser woods!I bumped up the Thread "A Custom Custom Tall Tines" as this thread has pics of Lynch mobs grip that is like mine alot if someone wants to take a look.I told Brian to duplicate it best he could.Its a no brainer grip.Just grab it semi loosely and let the bow do the work.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
Is that a joke?  127 pounds?  I know Mike is one tough dude but that is only forty pounds shy of what I weigh!  I pitty the big buck to get hit with that one!

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 04:51:00 AM »
Dang... I read that weight and thought of a Chevy leaf spring.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »
Jon, you know Mike...he could pick you and I up over the shoulder and carry us out 10 miles if we ever got in trouble.  One of the fringe benefits of hunting with the big man    ;)

BTW, he draws over 31"

Sam, I know the bows you got well, being up at Ryan's bear camp...I am betting you will want to order your very own after shooting them.  They are primo.

Offline mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
At 127#, Herd Bull would need a compass to help find the lost arrows flung at the geese!

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
That is just Brian having fun with me. I draw his bow pretty far back and this is my first 62" bow, so I guess he is telling me this bow will handle it no matter how far I draw it back. It feels very good. I will post pics later. I left one of my video cameras in Iowa so I have not reviewed the footage. But between Me , Steve and Brian, we took 40 to 50 shots. There was a lot of feathers on the water and many frightened geese flying south, but we had to stop at Shelly's to eat, cuz we could not connect. I still remember hearing George gasp as I rolled a big one doing a fly over on Sunday.  It was as if he dodged my arrow. Ha! Shooting geese on the wing is much diffrent that shooting airial targets. Most shots were pretty long.  We got checked by the warden and he could not beleive our choice in weapons. He wanted to know what we were smoking. It bwas a great time! Steelhead, I shot your bow at Comptons before Brian modified it. Very classy.  Mike

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Mparks- Brian did not need a compass to find his arrows, they all sank to the bottom of the lake. Only use wood or aluminum arrows on a hunt near water. Mike

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
Eric
So glad you like it, and is working for you. I wished I would have had mine in Iowa this past weekend, but now i get to constantly tease these guys. And yea don't believe that they were long shots, i seen some pretty upclose geese. In fact i was teasing that i heard a new vocabulary instead of a honk, i was hearing a ha ha!!!!

It was sure different with bows than guns, infact one flock i called back 6 different times. I finally gave up out of breath, but it was cool.

It was great weekend with some great guys and alot of teasing one another...and alot of laughing.
I had to console my Chessie all the way home...he's not used to seeing that many birds and NO RETRIEVES!!! HA! My TT is definitley going on the next venture...pressures on Mitten! LOL

All I can say is Thank God Indians didn't have Beretta's LOL!
Hang'em Low
George
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
Eric,

Sorry for hijacking, but I have to put up this pic from the weekend.  Bowless George and Buck the Wonderdog.

Next time we are going somewhere where we know is safe WITHOUT flu flus...

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Wow....I see its time to get out the Just For Men!!!!
Its bad when your dog takes better pictures than his owner, of course Mike and I were up to 3:00 in the morning and got up 2 hours later. It shows!

Good job on the pics Steve!

Guys, I do have to say that geese are constantly moving and flu flu arrows are tough.
Steve I got some big cornfields opened up that we can shoot regular arrows and letem fly.
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
No problem Steve.You guys have a good sense of humor.Some good stories here and the goose hunting in MI. looks like a hoot for sure.You guys look like you know how to have a good time!

A goose with a bow would be awesome for sure.I have goose and duck hunted alot.But never with a bow.Bowhunting for geese would make for some great video footage if you could pull that off someday.
Cheers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©