3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TRIAL CAMERA  (Read 266 times)

Offline polarbear

• Trad Bowhunter
TRIAL CAMERA
« on: October 09, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
What  the opinion on the CUDDEBACK ATTACK ir or reg?
   THANKS JOHN T.
Does your train of thought Have a caboose?

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TRIAL CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
My personal opinion, but I will never own another Cuddeback product.  Reliability was awful on the 3 I had.
Granted, none of those were the Attack model, however, Bushnell has won my business by having a quality product that has lasted extremely well.
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
Cuddeback has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Will never buy another one of that brand.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
I have 3 Cuddeback models, none of them are the Attack model, the models I have take great pics and are great cams when they are working. However, I have owned many different game cams, most have worked as advertised, however, sooner or later you will get a lemon and then the fun begins! From my personal experience I feel that Cuddeback has the worst customer service of all the companies I have dealt with. I have dealt with Wildgame Innovations, SpyPoint, Bushnell and Cuddeback. Although I don't care for their cameras as well as my others I would have to say that in my experience Wildgame Innovations has had the best customer service when I had a problem. Sent the cameras back, got new cameras in unopened packaging. Never had any customer service complaints with Spypoint or Bushnell either. Sorry for the long post, I would suspect you would be happy with the Attacks pics, features, etc.  But if by chance you had to deal with their customer service I think you would be dissappointed.

Rodney

Offline polarbear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
THANKS GUYS
  JOHN T.
Does your train of thought Have a caboose?

Offline Iron Man2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
I do not have a Cuddeback or ever owned one, however, the first one was a Moultrie early model with a flash. It was so slow (trigger speed) that I never got a picture of any game animal that crossed from side to side. Only captured either directly to or away from the camera. Then again, it was only $49.99 on sale. After the first couple of seasons, I decided (and saved) to purchase a better quality camera. I did my research on the internet to read prior owner's comments, etc. I also stumbled onto an independent group that tests various brands without any sponsorship or advertizing royalties. after reading their tests and recommendations I settled on the Reconyx. For my needs and overall best in its class. Another note; depending on what your setup for the camera, (tail of food plot) different brands excel in either or scenarios.

My 2 centovos...

JL   :archer2:
W/training wheels: Mathews 70# @ 28.5"
Advanced: Black Widow GB 53# @ 30
Master in Training: Archery Traditions Bambou Hunter 68" 57#
No matter how you slice it...it tastes that much better when it was earned the hard way.

Offline Jim Rocole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
GREAT MARKETING, POOR QUALITY. SCOUTGUARDS AND COVERTS HAVE WORKED THE BEST FOR ME. bushnell & moultrie have been ok, stealth have not had any luck with. if i was made to choose i would go covert

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
I recently got a covert Black 60 and it is the best camera I have ever used.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
I use Moultries without any problems. The battery life is awesome, 6 months to a year.

Offline STUMP THUMPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
As Bill said worse customer service and will never own an other.
Colver black 60 Great
Also have had very good luck with moultries and wildgame.
I've had a lot of great reviews on the leupold black

Offline jeanpaul3006

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Good luck with bushnell. the  stealth unit , horrible camera. Eats batteries and doesn't take pics. Unfortunately, bought three on sale and they all perform the same.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bill Carlsen:
Cuddeback has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Will never buy another one of that brand.
I will NEVER buy another product from this company after attempting (I say attempting because I still have not actually talked to any person after about a dozen phone calls) to deal with their customer service dept!

Bisch

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
I run Moultries but everything I'm hearing hear about the Cuddeback Ive heard in the past. Just gonna stick with the cheap ones I'm using for now but I know I'm missing game with the slower trigger speeds.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:00 AM »
Call it crazy but I have had great luck with Cuddeback IR cameras.Had 2 of the old ones and used them alot for about 4 years.Then one of them just stopped working  and I called Cuddeback and talked with someone pretty quick.The lady said they were really backed up and took my info and told me someone would get back with me.Two weeks later someone did call me and offered the trade in deal.I sent my broke camera in with a check for 165.00 and they sent me a new attack IR.I have had it 2 years now and I also bought another one.So I have an old Cuddeback IR and 2 Attack IR cameras and they are working great.

I have 2 newer Bushnells that are junk.So who knows.
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
I recently got a new Bushnell at wallyworld that seems just fine. For $100 I can't complain at all.

I'm new at the game, but I get plenty of great pics of deer on my property. I think how they're set up makes a big difference...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Roughrider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
I've also had bad luck with cuddebacks, but haven't had great luck with any of the others - hence reading this post looking for input.

I've had wildgame, moultrie, bushnell, cuddeback, and another brand I can't remember, and all seem to work well for a season or two, then the sensors go bad, or the display, or something.  

Does anyone make a reliable camera?
Dan Brockman

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
I dont know, not a trail cam expert by no means. But I just cant seem to wear out coverts, they always work and I get great pics. They stay out from late Sept. to Jan. and never need new batteries. This year, I told my wife I cant believe these things still work, but they do. I did invest in a couple newer versions for this season and they have came a long way in their features.

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Moultrie M-80 has my vote.
Not the new "black flash" model. Way overpriced.

The basic M-80 is under 100 bucks and really amazing pics day or night and as mentioned the battery life is LONG.

.........Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
Been using Primos.  Went with x-cam first, electronics went, sent me a brand new one, no questions, that one has issues right out of the box.  The ultra cam 55 has been good, though seems to be eating batteries, compared to advertised specs.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
I guess I have been lucky with Cuddeback's customer service. I haven't needed any. I have 2 of the Capture models for about 4 years or so now and have not had any issues. I just got a Bushnell and really like it though.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©