3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What messed you up today?  (Read 723 times)

Offline Widow's Son

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What messed you up today?
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Monteria:
I am amazed by some of these trespasser issues that I see on here, or at least the lack of deterrent. Either you guys states have some really lacking land owner rights, or really lacking enforcement... In this little corner of heaven, if we call on a trespasser, the game warden, Sheriff and Constable show up likity pronto! Which ever has the most authority to prosecute the case based on circumstance takes it.
You are lucky. In Arkansas you are wasteing your time calling in a trespasser. The G&F won't write a ticket and the sheriff department won't respond so you're basically on your own. You have to have evidence and then go and try to get a warrent or ticket issued. It's really a pain. The state has tightened up on trespass a little in the past couple of years but it is still very weak.
1969 Bear Super Kodiak 45#
1966 Bear Kodiak 52#
2000 Black Widow MAII
46# at 28"
Roy Hall Navajo Stick, 64" Caddo 55#@28"

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
When I owned my own property here in SE Ohio, there were constantly people coming on my property and poaching when they knew I wasn't home. I would find my "private property" signs full of birdshot and bullet holes on the ground. I just stopped putting them up after awhile since I never could catch the people that were doing it. The scariest part was that they knew whan I wasn't home. I would have easily caught them otherwise. ODNR said there wasn't much they could do unless it was well posted. You can see the problem if they kept removing the signs.

It may not have ruined my hunt today, but it sure messed up plenty in the past.

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2012, 03:39:00 AM »
A guy plinking with a 22 ruined my wife's chances.  Little antlers wrecked mine, he scared the does off.  I have vowed to shoot only does until something serious comes along and these little 8 pointers that are running in a gang are messing up my plans. oh yes last night, every robin in Iowa was in my valley. They would land on the trees above me.  I stopped considering them as a flock and started to hate them as individuals. They sometimes one at a time and sometimes four or five at a time, would look down and say, "Hey look, there is a bowhunter. FOR ME TO POOP ON."  First I developed, an inferiority complex, and then just got depressed.  Anyone know how to get gobs of robin poop out of a fur hat?

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
My wife could not find her keys. So I had to go home an give her mine. Yah
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
The property mentioned is family property that is heavily POSTED. The problem is some of the surrounding farms have been developed and some of the new residents think our property is a Park or something. I believe they think the Posted signs are welcome signs. The pure ignorance of people saying they are not bothering anyone or not hurting anything really boils me. This property is used for tree farming and there are many holes right now due to fall digging and if someone(trespasser) was to fall into one of the holes we become liable. They seem like they are above the law. I try to go about it in a kind but strong manner and obviously it is not working.
 I have some new signs being made that will state full prosecution of trespassers will be enforced with no exceptions. We will have to see if it helps or not!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
Ahh, perfidious man, cursed be the day you left the cave.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 12:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by Monteria:
I am amazed by some of these trespasser issues that I see on here, or at least the lack of deterrent. Either you guys states have some really lacking land owner rights, or really lacking enforcement... In this little corner of heaven, if we call on a trespasser, the game warden, Sheriff and Constable show up likity pronto! Which ever has the most authority to prosecute the case based on circumstance takes it.
Trespassing and poaching is a HUGE problem here in Kentucky. During our gun seasons you can sit and watch YOUR woods and see the orange army come and go. Call the police or game warden. Haha each county has one or two officers or wardens and they would never show up for a trespasser call.

Two nights before my trespassing couple I was walking out of the field at dark and here comes four kids in a gator lights blaring coming right at me (ON PRIVATE LAND).  I stopped them and they were just out for a joy ride. HUGE problem around here.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »
I was 1.3 miles from the truck in the swamp the other evening and my thermacel would not come on.RC

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Haven't seen a deer since Sat and forgot to look. Had a little buck walk right through the scrape I was suppose to be watching this morning at 7:15am.

I think he must have come up from the bottom..I was on a shelf and he just appeared at about 12yds and walked on by.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
Ed,

Sometimes it just feels good not to be nice... give them a reason to not come back. Tell the fella he looks real cute, all the while checking the edge on your blade with your tongue staring him down !!! lol   :scared:  

Dang, come to think of it, should have tried that on my ex wife, maybe I could have gotten rid of her sooner   :saywhat:  

Lanier
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by RC:
I was 1.3 miles from the truck in the swamp the other evening and my thermacel would not come on.RC
LOL, Damn RC that's life or death that isn't an aggravation.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
It was just getting to be deer o'clock. The wind had laid down just before dusk. Time for the deer to make there move. I'm ready. Right at dusk,you know..that twilight time where you can still see well,but only for another 20-30 minutes. I hear rustling leaves. Slight at first,then gaining volume. I strain my ears. There! it's moving again. I position myself. Almost here. Then... was that a door opening? The neighbors dog is let out. You've got to be kidding me. Then comes the yelling. "COME ON BOY! COME ON BOY! GOOD DOG! RUFFF! RUFFF!" Slam goes the door. No more rustling leaves. rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
Setup today with a little rocky ridge directly behind me. As usual a couple doe walked right in behind me at about 5 yards and got my wind. This started the nearest squirrel barking and it barked and barked and barked. 30 min. later I sent an arrow toward that still barking squirrel. I have been closer to more deer this year than ever just can't get them in the right spot at the right time.

As far as trespassing goes, all my buddies that have land or leases around here constantly battle tresspassers or poachers. Every year seemingly non-stop. I hunt public land and some years don't see a single person in bow season. Makes no sense to me.

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Work is the main thing that gets me messed up!!!
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
Work for me.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
I've been sick all week.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley