3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caught with my pants down  (Read 252 times)

Re: Caught with my pants down
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
It happens to all of us. I thought this was going be a literally a pants down thread. I left my BW takedown hanging in my tree stand when I climbed down to head the call.  Apparently deer have no fear of someone with their pants down and their bow up a tree.
Another time I saw a very large buck up the hill, but I had to take care of business first. Wouldn't you know he came straight at me on a dead run at the worst possible time.  
The worst was in Wisconsin. I spotted a nice boxy bear from a shear rock ridge.  I had to wedge myself between the boulders to get down the cliff.  After I blew the stalk on the bear, I had to take of business before I could get back up that cliff.  When I got up and buckling my pants, I looked up to see two women looking straight down at me. Thankfully, they were gone before I got back up the cliff.
Back to the more current last year with back and rib injuries I was very stiff.  I fell off my Nifty seat trying to shoot a nice ten pointer at 12 yards.  It is all a learning experience, most of the time.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
I have also been caught literally with my pants down as well. It was a few years ago during rifle season. I had just sat down on a log after a long walk and leaned my gun up next to me. After a few minutes, I thought "that tree looks like it needs to be watered." I walked the few feet dug through all the layers, and unzipped. Mid stream, I heard a helluva ruckus coming over the hill in front of me. I tried to stop the flow and retrieve my gun. By the time I did, a small deer came flying over the hill at mach 9 with a large coyote hot on her hooves! I got the gun with my pants still undone, and swung for the yote, but I was a few seconds too late as they disappeared behind trees and another hill. I sure would have liked to roll that one. They passed me at about 30-40 yards. Had a nice coat on him too.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline awishanew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Pheonixarcher your story of not getting your arrows reminds me of the time I used to keep one arrow on the bow and the spares in a quiver on the base of the stand. I got a shot at a doe that was high.I had the chance to get another but when I bent down my safety harness kept me about three inches short from reaching my arrows. I burst out laughing, all by myself. Now I have a bow quiver.

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
We've all been there! Good story either way. Sounds like you got the killer instinct as far as picking spots so next time you'll get it done! Thanks for sharing.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©