3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: quivers  (Read 3010 times)

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: quivers
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by McDave:
Does the Simmons quiver hold arrows of different sizes at the same time, for example, if you want both blunts and broadheads?  How easy and quick is it to rotate the arrows?
The simmons quiver is available in two lengths depending on your arrow lenth.  Mine is the longer.  I can put any arrow in the quiver from 23/32" wood to my GT carbons with any tip from blunt to broadhead.  It rotates easily and is extremely light.  You put your head and shoulder through the strap and it hangs down the center of your back.  I use a realtree longarm bow hanger while in a treestand and hang the quiver on it all the way against the tree.  I have a second arrow hanging out of the quiver so all I have to do is reach back and grab it.  It is by far the best quiver I have used.  It also protects your fletchings in the rain.

DeerSlayer ,  We grow rabbits big in Alabama.  That one sure did eat well.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 12:54:00 PM »
Here's a back quiver that carrys not only arrows but your bow too.
  http://shrewbows.com/shrew_quivers.htm
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
I've used bow quivers, back quivers, hip quivers and plains quivers.  

I finally took my GN bow quiver, put a wood slat between the straps to stiffen it, added a long leather carry strap and use it as a side quiver.  

It's light, will accept pretty much any arrow or head and very maneoverable in the bush.  When I set up a group blind I just pull the strap off over my head and set the whole works beside me.  Ditto in a treestand.

BTW, Marks quiver caddy comes in a close second.  Unfortunately, the kwikee quivers are too heavy and tight for me.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
I would like the GFA Quiver better....
If it had two of the Rubbers to hold the arrows and nothing inside the hood....
    Of corse thats my humble opinon....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline SilverTip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
Start a collection of Quivers like the rest of us, lol. But I'm with Mark, the Quiver Caddy solves alot of problems. I never go to the woods without it.

Billy
If Jesus Christ guides your arrow, its really hard to miss.  Billy

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
I've been using kwikee kwivers for years. I never found a quiver I liked any better so I just kept using it. Now they make the quiver caddy and you can get a bracket that screws in a tree if you hunt from a stand. Gary

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
My GFA "sling type" quiver is the best (for me) quiver I've ever used. It just seems to work perfectly in every situation. That being said I do still love my catquiver; but only seem to use it when I go to a stand and sit still all day.

"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Kindred Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
FeatherFletch,  It really depends on your style of hunting.  For me a bow quiver works well because I always carry a backpack with water and stuff.  It was mentioned earlier, many of us have a collection of quivers.
Aim Small, Miss Small

Online Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
I am also really like my GFA quiver. I just didn't like the extra weight of a bow quiver.

Offline mobiltoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
I have only used a hip style and the Selway slide on recurve quivers.  Tried both for whitetale and elk and have settled on the Selway.  For me when stalking, climbing, treestand sitting having the quiver on the bow works.  It helps stabilize my bow,helps cut down on movement and also gives me something to hide my face behind. Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©