3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow Question  (Read 343 times)

Offline ewarshaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow Question
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
Hey Folks,

I will be hunting this year with a Bear Grizzly at 50# with a 29" arrow and a 125 grain broadhead. What would you say was the best arrow for the set-up? I'm getting different answers based on where I look or who I talk to. I've heard everything from 1916 to 2117 to 2314.
Thanks.

Elliott
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
-Genesis 27:3

Offline Cupcake

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow Question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
Elliot,

I think a 2016 or a 500 spine carbon.  I shoot either out of a 48# recurve 30 inches long.

Kevin

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
Most charts are pretty stiff for trad equipment. Check out the chart on Foxfire Archery's site. It's a good one.

Good luck!
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline carphunter100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
I shoot a 51# Morrison TD and shoot a 1916 with 125 gr. heads. I have many , many pass through shots on deer and one last year on a black bear. They fly great for me and weigh right at 480 gr. This works for me I am sure other guys have good sit ups that work good for them. I hate to say this but you will just have to try differant shafts and see what works for you. Good luck
Member WV Bowhunters Associaion Life member of Trad. Bowhunters of Southern WV

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Dude its like comparing ford and chevy sometimes.  I shoot a 45lb @ 28".  Drawing 29.5" and the 500 spine carbons work great.  I am shooting Beman MFX leave them full lenght 31" and use a 125 grain head.
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline ewarshaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
Carphunter,
I read an article that said most people overspine, and went on to recommend 1916 shafts. As luck would have it, I picked up 14 of them off **** for about $27 total. I figured if they were no good for me, I could let the kids shoot them and I wouldn't break the bank taking a chance. Makes me feel better hearing you say that.
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
-Genesis 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©